the navross sas build in the making

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i went neg 25 in the offset haha its massive looks sick tho and i measured off the factory joins in the diff gave it some more castor as well ill get some more pics and an update including having fun with my ifs junk ;)

yeah this kina gives you and idea on the offset

so the navross has had its fair share of ups and downs... more so downs of late i was out 4wding with a mate when i exploded a cv... all to common issue for a lifted ifs 4by

then i had a wheel cylinder let go and i had no brakes the whole way home from wombat state forest

then not too long after that i had both rear axle bearing shit it on the lh side the roller bearing had actually turned sideways and jammed and caused some big issues

also checked up on the lsd and gave it some new fluid.

i had to replace the tensioner pulley and also the ac pump pulley bearing was stuffed so i had to change both of them (sorry for lack of photos)

and the clutch has got some shutter starting up... trying to put that one off for a bit.

i recently bent a tierod adjuster and found out i had killed my second drag link and i haven't even owned the car for a year at this stage.

this also prompted my new approach to fixing the old girl... stay tuned ;)

hold on im getting to the sas, flipped diff side of things verrrryyyy soon... but first i want to show off some of my ifs junk i made :)

so after i bent the tie rod adjuster i cracked it big time with the navross and all its issues... so i sat down had a few beers and got thinking as to why it bent so easily.

after about 15 mins i had it all sussed out as to what was happening.

because the drag link was worn out again it was allowing the wheels to act more independent (in the steering) and i was going up a hill and one side drops away and i dont have a locker so that side just spun off its head and then dropped as the wheel was wobbling left to right (because of the worn draglink) and then just folded the tie rod adjuster.

over so my fix was in 3 parts first was to get new heavy duty tie rod adjusters... but i didnt wanna wait on postage so i brace my own

next on the list was to make my own drag link. i was never a fan of the nissan ones cause if a ball joint flogged out you were up for a whole new drag link so i cut off the ball joints off and welded on loops so that i could just press in and out some bearings if they ever wore out

heres one of it installed

and the 3rd part to my fix (i didn't take any photos of it) was welding my front diff now some people don't understand this and think it makes it dangerous to drive with on the road... well this is how it all works, so unless its in 4wd with the hubs locked in the front wheels aren't locked so i drive around with the drivers side hub open so that its still easy to turn and stuff like that i only lock the drivers side hub in when i feel its needed and i think this is the best mod i've done because now when im wheelin and i lift a wheel it doesn't spin off its head and smash down to the ground at a million kph's.

it really is the poor mans locker i know but im still planing on the sas build so spending money of a air or auto locker is pointless in my view.

with all these mods put together iv taken my car down some of the hardest tracks its ever been down... and i didn't break a single thing, to give you an idea on the tracks a GQ broke its rh cv and a land cruser killed an alternator a pulley and a belt (few other small things as well) and i walked it through the tracks all day long with no issues. i bag out the ifs stuff all the time but its so good having that small front diff up so high!!!

next update ill post pics of my flipped diff in a kind of how to way so if any one wants to do it they have a bit more info.

Last edited:
Back