$$ to spend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macka99

Reaction score
ok all my car is about to come out of its lease and i have a bit of money to spend but just can not make up my mind on what 1. chip and exhaust 2.suspension and exhaust 3.suspension and chip. pls honest opitions on how to spend my money.

EXHAUST!

FIRST AND ALWAYS FIRST the one thing i wish id done first up :)
After taking the front sway bar off of course.....

then Tires closely followed by Suspension then bash plates....

If i had my time again thats how id roll it onto the card(s)

Yer new cooper at3s ordered got 70k out of set I have on now and still got 20 to 30k in them. Beaudesert exhaust looking good at $ 1285. Suspension around to 2k mark at the moment. So chips arnt worth doing without an full exhaust I have cut out the big factory muffler allready.

I'm with Mike on this one. Exhaust. Reason- if its a keeper it's longevity your after. Fitting a larger more free flowing exhaust will reduce EGT's and put less stress on the engine. There will be small power increase and possibly better fuel consumption. Then suspension. Chip would be last on my list.

How obknoxious are most exhausts?

I've come from a sports car background before this and don't want a loud droney car..

How obknoxious are most exhausts?

I've come from a sports car background before this and don't want a loud droney car..

the diesel engine can be run as a total straight thru system with no mufflers at all and not sound "droney" at all like they can and do with a petrol engine/

ok all my car is about to come out of its lease and i have a bit of money to spend but just can not make up my mind on what 1. chip and exhaust 2.suspension and exhaust 3.suspension and chip. pls honest opitions on how to spend my money.

for me i really dont need more power then what i have, so my priority with all my 4x4's is,
Tyres,
suspension,
Quality underbody protection, (especially important with the D40's)
Snorkel,
Bar work,
Lighting.
then after all that i would consider an exhaust and or chip if i wanted to spend money.

I know i will get people disagreeing BUT, After reading countless testimonials and talking to all sorts of people with all the different exhausts , and reading dyno results the $$$ outlaid against the gains just doesnt really seem that good to be honest.
If you really want more power and thats what floats your boat then an exhaust is needed if you want a chip, they do seem to go hand in hand, But for me i think my current D40 has enough power for my needs so i just cant justify all the cash.

for me i really dont need more power then what i have, so my priority with all my 4x4's is,
Tyres,
suspension,
Quality underbody protection, (especially important with the D40's)
Snorkel,
Bar work,
Lighting.
then after all that i would consider an exhaust and or chip if i wanted to spend money.

I know i will get people disagreeing BUT, After reading countless testimonials and talking to all sorts of people with all the different exhausts , and reading dyno results the $$$ outlaid against the gains just doesnt really seem that good to be honest.
If you really want more power and thats what floats your boat then an exhaust is needed if you want a chip, they do seem to go hand in hand, But for me i think my current D40 has enough power for my needs so i just cant justify all the cash.

Very true words there nathan, I cringe when someone says they spent $1300 on a beaude$$ert system, I paid $600 for my Xforce turbo back and couldnt be happier, goes to show You really need to shop around these days doesnt it!

Agreed Mike. I paid the same for my Redback turbo back exhaust and its fantastic. $1000+ for a turbo back exhaust is getting a bit much in my opinion. I paid $1500 for a set of Pacemaker extractors and a twin 2.5" mild steel exhaust with rear resonators on my SS ute, so that sort of pricing area for a simple 4WD turbo back exhaust is a bit silly.

Also agreed with above. Sort your suspension lift, tyres and barwork out first (most expensive and important stuff), then go for the other stuff later.

How obknoxious are most exhausts? I've come from a sports car background before this and don't want a loud droney car..
Then why do so many twats with 3.8L and 3.6L V6 Commodores have big exhausts that sound like a fart in a milo tin? And why do so many wankers drive naturally aspirated Civics and Lancers with huge exhausts that sound like a duck quacking through the worlds largest megaphone? We put them on our Navaras not for sound, but with a dump pipe system, it really opens the engine up and makes it more of a dream to drive, lowers EGT's, improves fuel consumption and less pedal for revs. Mine doesnt sound droney or loud and is a beautiful car to drive. I have owned an LS1 ute with 330rwkw and a VS Senator with a cam, ported heads, forged pistons etc etc blah blah blah that sound like an animal and had huge torque, and i still say to this day, my Navara is nicer to drive all round. All great features when tackling tracks out bush etc.

Then why do so many twats with 3.8L and 3.6L V6 Commodores have big exhausts that sound like a fart in a milo tin? And why do so many wankers drive naturally aspirated Civics and Lancers with huge exhausts that sound like a duck quacking through the worlds largest megaphone? We put them on our Navaras not for sound, but with a dump pipe system, it really opens the engine up and makes it more of a dream to drive, lowers EGT's, improves fuel consumption and less pedal for revs. Mine doesnt sound droney or loud and is a beautiful car to drive. I have owned an LS1 ute with 330rwkw and a VS Senator with a cam, ported heads, forged pistons etc etc blah blah blah that sound like an animal and had huge torque, and i still say to this day, my Navara is nicer to drive all round. All great features when tackling tracks out bush etc.

I was more saying I'm not a fan of a noisy cop bait Exhaust anymore :). My D22 has a FMIC and chip so I'm tossing up whether an exhaust is worthwhile for me, and reading around I'm getting the idea it is I just don't want it much louder :)

Ohh my bad sorry mate. Just get a 2.5 turbo back and leave the muffler on. I had the muffler taken off mine because it was super quiet and it gives the Nav better response without it.

Even the 3" with muffler is pretty quiet.

I got mine from Vermont Performance Exhaust. Just a 2.5 Redback system without the dump pipe was $600, then i bought a dump which was nearly $300.

I reckon it depends what you're going to do with the vehicle.

If you're going to use it mostly on road, or maybe I should say, you'd like it to perform better on road, then suspension, chip & tyres. Maybe some flares or fancy wheels etc.

If you want to improve it's off road performance, my list would be:

1 - Tyres
2 - Suspension
3 - Rear locker
4 - Under body protection
5 - Winch
6 - Snorkel
7 - front locker

I wouldn't waste money again on an exhaust, they really don't do anything, it's just good marketing. Think about it, they just bend up a bit of tube without modelling the gas flows or any other analysis like the oem does.

Latest posts

Back