Toowoomba Floods

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reakly. I lived i vic for 7 years over my time and can never recall humidity being an issue.

I imagine that would be a little eerie to experience.

Keep you and yours safe mate and i hope it doesn't turn to ugly.

Vic is definitely as humid as Cairns right now.
Has been raining steadily here for the past 10 hrs. Everything is wet. The floors have a sheen of water. The windows of the house are fogged up and the evap tray under the fridge is full and spilling across the kitchen floor. Pales into insignificance for you lot up north I know but this is some of the strangest weather I have ever seen here in Vic.
Currently 26deg 100% humidity and the wind is from the east- barely.
I can here the SES responding as I type - they are they only ones in this town to use their siren.
My sister is up at Horsham and this time 2 years ago she was buying in water and then had the property burnt through with fires. Now facing flood.

Went back to canungra today and down lamington national park road where my in laws live is what use to be double lanes. The water rushing down a hill has underminded the road and taken a whole lane a good 4 meters in length. Will have to take a pic for you blokes tomorrow as it is unbelievable.

Biscuits, how you going? Still have enough of the essentials?

Reakly. I lived i vic for 7 years over my time and can never recall humidity being an issue.

I imagine that would be a little eerie to experience.

Keep you and yours safe mate and i hope it doesn't turn to ugly.

Yeah very strange feeling, have had high humidity in the wet rainy winters, but never like this,
atm the floor INSIDE the garage is like I've had the hose going.

And cheers for the wellwishes,
alot of vic has had flooding over the last few months so it wont take much now.

Farkn MAGGOT insur Co's are knocking back claims of flood insur telling claimants that its not flood damage they have...

MAGGOTS

I heard a few days ago that many of the towns can't even get flood insurance because they are in a flood zone, really makes you wonder why we pay insurance.

Different circumstances obviously but I'm currently fighting my house insurance to fix my garage roof which is falling down, if water was leaking into the roof from outside it is insurable, if it's any other sort of weather related problem it's insurable, but if it's just cause the builder did a crappy job they wont cover it. Insurance companies are a necessary bloody evil but they are all bastards too.

I heard a few days ago that many of the towns can't even get flood insurance because they are in a flood zone, really makes you wonder why we pay insurance.

The catch 22 is that if they insured everyone, then everyones premiums would be very much higher as well. This way, they cut out the high risk properties and reduce everyones premiums to something reasonable.

Frankly. I am astounded that property insurance in this country is applied with a very broad brush. computing resources now mean they cold easily rate each individual block on each and every risk; flood, fire, storm, meteorite, vehicle impact, etc.

maybe it might make people change the way they build homes. When I build next, it will be all concrete and steel.

Spent yesterday helping to gut and clean out homes in my sister's street (most of whom were under water right up the roof) and what a bloody hopeless mess their homes all are - poor bastards....

One guy has a young family, 3 little girls under 4, insurance won't cover him for flood damage, they looked like battlers anyway, every last possession of theirs is destroyed, their house went completely under water right up to the peak of the roof, and worst of all his shed got lifted up and is now destroyed!!

I believe here in QLD that Suncorp is about the only insurer that provides full flood cover, all of the others provide partial or none.

My parents live in Collingwood park ... safe from the rising water (thankfully)

My sister and her family live in Riverview ... thankfully does not have a view of the river and their house is also safe - but they are on holidays up the sunshine coast and decided to stay up there until the waters receed.

I have recieved some photos by MMS and email of the local area i grew up in - and the local creeks i used to fish for turtles/shrimps etc ... and last week i flew up to brissy just before new years eve, and the park where my son played with his young cousin is totally under water - less than 2 weeks since we were there.

Yeh boys, i'm still here. been helping friends clean up. Supplies are slowly trickling back into town.

Apparently the insurance rats said unless it is coming in through your roof or it breaks into your windows (wall of water) it is not a flood. they don't cover water rising from the ground?

Last time i checked, due to gravity, thats where all things RISE from. Maggots.

Hope everyone else in natures path is safe and well.

Good luck lads.

Different circumstances obviously but I'm currently fighting my house insurance to fix my garage roof which is falling down, if water was leaking into the roof from outside it is insurable, if it's any other sort of weather related problem it's insurable, but if it's just cause the builder did a crappy job they wont cover it. Insurance companies are a necessary bloody evil but they are all bastards too.

Insurance companies are f#@ked.I'm battleing TAC,my income protection and trauma insurance.solicitors coming out of my arse.
So far Shanons have been fantastic with my house but time will tell.

Insurance companies are f#@ked.I'm battleing TAC,my income protection and trauma insurance.solicitors coming out of my arse.
So far Shanons have been fantastic with my house but time will tell.

I gotta say that in fairness to insurance companies the few times I've dealt with them they have been fairly good. I've only ever called on car insurance once and it was favourable and despite the work cover insurance crap going on for 3 years the final outcome was favourable.

This current bullshit with the house is ridiculous, like biscuits says with the water damage and rising water crap the bastards do have a way out of just about everything. Many of my mates were well treated after the bush fires yet right now, if it's not weather damage (rain or wind), I can't claim it, yet in flood zones they are suggesting damage by torrential rain isn't covered. The rules the pricks make are unbelievable.

Apparently the insurance rats said unless it is coming in through your roof or it breaks into your windows (wall of water) it is not a flood. they don't cover water rising from the ground?
]

Looks like they are mistaking a FLOOD with a SUNAMI

:devil::devil:

Back