Trans cooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oilad

Reaction score
Has any one upgraded there auto trans cooler?? Bigger?? Any info would be helpful..

Hi mate, this is discussed often on the caravan forum and most have not felt they have needed one even some even pulling near 3t. I do remember one member getting one from the states I am fairly sure he had trouble sourcing one in Australia.
HJ

Mine has been remapped. (Stage 2 tune) n the bloke reckons it will help it heaps on cooling. Its hard not to have my foot flat tac around town haha

Yeah maybe with heavy towing, around town should not be a problem. I know 4by4 pushes his hard and does not have one. I will have a search on the c/van forum in the morning and see what I can find. Let you know if I can post a link.
HJ

I have every intention of replacing mine - not only because we tow 2.5T, but because I fear what a small amount of damage or corrosion will do to the current tranny cooler which is immersed in the radiator coolant.

I've also tried retrieving the transmission temperature and the TCM just doesn't report it up the line, so I can't get it from the ECM. It means that I'll be looking to fit my own tranny temperature sensor (and I really hope they don't mind).

I don't know where to get one from, but the mechanic I will be seeing to do this modification sourced quite a large one for my Commodore which only had a small tranny cooler and we were asking the Commodore to tow the 1.8T van that we used to own. I'll try to find out where he got it and what it costs.

Yeah maybe with heavy towing, around town should not be a problem. I know 4by4 pushes his hard and does not have one. I will have a search on the c/van forum in the morning and see what I can find. Let you know if I can post a link.
HJ
No useful info mate that I can find, though the 40 is a popular tow tug, see what Tony finds mate.
HJ

So a universal one of ebay will be hard to fit in. Havnt had a good look at the cooler atm so dnt really no the std size. Will wen i get home from work

Looks similar but the V9X has a bypass valve for when the tranny is over 60C. Obviously Nissan don't want you to have a hot tranny in the car. Maybe they're just jealous.

Latest posts

Back