Ultimate Wet Road Drifting Machine

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In an controlled manor to ensure the public safety. No speeds were reached, which were greater than local authority recommendations. I do not wish to harm any bystanders, and to which the manner i wrote this post in was inappropriate and over exaggerated. At times the road becomes slippery, and still within a safe speed and distance to others, my motor vehicle will slide and I will correct.

Please accept my sincere appologies.

I know what hes talking about, they slide, you correct, its a bit of fun, its all happening at slow speeds, makes you feel like a good driver ;)

In an controlled manor to ensure the public safety. No speeds were reached, which were greater than local authority recommendations. I do not wish to harm any bystanders, and to which the manner i wrote this post in was inappropriate and over exaggerated. At times the road becomes slippery, and still within a safe speed and distance to others, my motor vehicle will slide and I will correct.

Please accept my sincere appologies.

You've been flamed and rightly so, apology accepted if it was meant.
As the father of two young men (one on his L plates now) that I taught to drive myself (finished off with professional instructor) I wholeheartedly discourage that as being a fun or cool thing to do, they have been off road driving with me many times and are very aware of the potential for disaster even at very slow speeds driving in a controlled manner, I hope the experience helps them in the future to make better choices when I'm not there for guidance.
I'm probably coming across as though I have a stick up my arse and don't have fun, far from it, but there's a time and place for everything.

Hear, hear ^ wise words, iv been a dickhead driver in the past, guilty as charged, bit embarrassed, but no-where near as bad as others, never any real high-speed shit though (city boy tho, I imagine the country boys would be more tempted to do the land-speed record shit on the quiet country hiways) I had a couple of mates die on the roads back when we were much younger, it was very ****in sad. Kids are killing themselves and others every day, its a big problem. The roads are dangerous enough just driving normal let alone hooning it, no matter how good you think you are.

If you have never experienced a car step out how are you supposed to control a slide when it happens accidentally?

While I'm all for defensive/advanced driving courses and have done them in both cars and trucks a person can only get out of them what they want to, forcing a person to do them is not the complete answer.

A dickhead will always be a dickhead and an over confident dickhead is as dangerous as a know it all dickhead. Personally I'd rather share the road with a learner driver with common sense than a dickhead who is over confident because he completed a driving course and thinks he knows how to handle his car.

well I don't know how many people have ever been killed by a slightly sideways navara doing 20kmh around an empty round about, but im sure a **** load have been killed by a careless **** in any 4wd with bullbar wandering into the wrong lane fiddling with radio or whatever half pissed. see it all the time on the side of a highway.

Latest posts

Back