Useful tools - what do you find useful

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch92

Reaction score
G'day

Thought I'd put up a general question.

What tool do you have that you have found extremely useful. Can be more then one.

I'll start, my top would be ratcheting spanners, and also countersink bits for
The drill.

As a chippy mostly doing reno work the paslode framer and finisher have to be high on the list. Great piece of gear when looked after properly. But pretty much any bit of gear in my box I use daily. I'm a big Hitachi and Makita fan and have never had any issues with either brands.

Rusty

I've had an old coat hanger in my tool bag for more years than I can remember and it's come in handy so many times. I love it!

Next to that i'm pretty in love with my Makita Impact Drill.

TF

tools .....where do you start.....i use them all !
probably the best one is Vernier caliper/Digital caliper.
the most used is the socket set. i still use today (yes i do mean today!) is my first ever set(s) now ~20 years old.

http://averagecollegeguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/1.jpg

these are great for bleeding the hydraulics, pressurizing the confribulation solenoid, and purging most fluids. EDIT but I wouldn't know cos I don't use one.

That looks like a cock pump, lmao...

On a serious note, I'd say ratchet spanners too and cordless drill set, impact driver, hammer drill, drill driver and angle grinder. Its only ryobi but still a lot better than getting an extension lead out for the corded drill...

I've only really started to fiddle with cars in the last two years and so only recently started building up a tool kit. Two best tools I have been bought in that time are a 1/2 inch impact socket set (after shagging two sets of cheap crap ones) which helped no end with shifting stuff.

The other is a Powerprobe 3 which a car sparky mate bought me for Christmas which was invaluable in working out how the wiring on my old GQ worked (or wasn't working):

http://www.powerprobe.com/pp3.php

I use them more at work but i would have to say Milwaukee 18v gear is great, ive got impact driver grinder and drill very handy! also a decent test light and multimeter are handy to have

I've got a least half a dozen tool boxes with hand tools, plus a pile on the wall, then there are the four power hand drills, 2 B&B, planes, and stuff like the circular saw, cut off, angle, etc. Kinda hard to nominate any one. Oh, and I've even got a krone tool and a couple of co-ax tools.

Woops, paused too long, for got the multimeters, scope, soldering and sucker tools. ENOUGH.

Latest posts

Back