*VNOG* border track trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like we might be breaking into two groups.

Will the campsites cope with 12 - 14 vehicles?

OK Gents, VNOG is alive and well, still 3 months out and I think I'll have to call this trip an 8 vehicle max, so one spot left..
Heata,
Aido,
Ridgie,
Woody,
Bosshog,
Navarian,
ONLOCK.

If anyones circumstances change please post up, and the next in line Will, ScottyB, Digbyj and Geoff.
In response to Gus' offer to book peak, I probably need to post a broad brush trip plan so if guys want to access peak, Gus knows when to book.
This is what I had in mind.
Sat 9th July, Melbourne to Rainbow. (430k 5hrs + breaks)
On the sat night, there is a basic motel in Rainbow (staggering distance from the pub) or we can drive on a bit and camp at Albacutya.
Sunday 10th July, Rainbow to Big billy bore campsite (close to pinaroo fuel etc( (70k sand driving)
Monday 11th July Big Billy to Pine hut soak campsite (70k sand driving)
Tuesday 12th July Pine hut soak -sth to emu flat rd (60k sand) then nth back up to Pine hut soak via pinaroo border town rd (hard top 70k)
Wednesday 13th July Pine hut soak - Nth on border track then east into murray sunset Nat park, we can decide where exactly at the time.
Thursday 14th July head home.

This plan gets in to/through 5 different parks/wilderness areas, allows us to avoid 1 camp pack up, and should get us into camp at a reasonable hour each day (famous last words?) anyhow comment away.
the relevant Map is 'Victorias Deserts Touring guide" and this link gives you a pretty good idea of the area. Border Track @ ExplorOz Treks for what its worth, as laughable as their drive times look, I foound them to be accurate.

Peake is not going to work as the plan is to head East into the Murray Sunset N.P. I have done Peake many times but not M.S.N.P. so all good for me.

Too bad Geoff. Once we get a bit closer to the time I'll make some calls to relevant Parks offices and find out how much room there is at various campsites, and rough out a split group type of plan.

Looks like i have to pull out too.

I have to try to keep my trips to weekends for a while (sometimes long weekends taking a day off), but its getting really hard for me to take a week of work at the moment.

Best if my place is given to someone else (also then a chance of keeping to one group instead of two)

Too bad Woody. But others keep the feedback coming. We have about 12 who have expressed interest. I'll do a final head count at the start of June and see what sort of plan we can come up with.

Ridge, yup - guilty as charged. The border track is def something on my 'want to do list'.

Heath, i know your going to have a blast on this trip. i heard at my 4wd club meeting on wednesday night that the track is cut up a bit from the easter weekend, but still very passable. lots of people have been trying to do the track with full tyre pressures and BIG tyres have really cut the track up.

but with sensible driving, dropping tyre pressures as appropriate - the feedback i got was that its still a great trip to be doing atm.

Cool I just wanted to make sure my 11 y.o. daughter and 8 y.o. son won't be the only kids there.

Latest posts

Back