Weber Q bbq

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
Ok I'm finally going to swap out my cheap camping BBC for something a little more luxurious. I want to here people's thoughts on through Weber Q bbqs. I am looking at getting the Q100e which is the high lid model with the thermometer in it. All prices I have got are the same for the baby q but they will discount the accessories, like duffle bag and trivet etc.

Let me know your thoughts? Will be purchasing one within the week.

Rusty

They are great bbq's. I got a big one at home and a baby one for camping. Pricey but definitely worth it

^^^what they said^^^

My bro bought one and he says all that n more.
I'm so tight I've put it off, but all these comments have got me stirred again.
Researched it all n thought I'd like the 200, but everyone says stay with the 100 saying its a good size for most peoples application.

Was going the 100 with highlid so I can do some good roasts. Ill be dropping into some more places tomoz and may even come home with one. The 100 is practical for taking camping etc.

Thanks for replies fellas

Rusty

I've got the baby Q and love it. Had it for 4 years and still works perfect and gets more use then the big 4 burner I have. Great for chucking in the ute and cooking a quick sausage sizzle up the beach. The only down side is no flat plate to cook eggs or onions etc but use a foil bbq tray or small pan. You can get a special plate that fits inside the lid but I never bothered

Had the first run with the new high lid weber doing rissoles and chicken. Chicken turned crispy with and the chilli dissolves were bloody good. I think the chicken didn't work cause it was strips not a full breast.

I think next is some juicy steaks ans a roast, any tips?

Don't skimp on the pre-heat, get it red hot for about 15 to 20 mins then flash em off.

After 5 or so minutes give them a quarter turn to get the Maillard Reaction cross hatch!

Don't skimp on the pre-heat, get it red hot for about 15 to 20 mins then flash em off.

After 5 or so minutes give them a quarter turn to get the Maillard Reaction cross hatch!

I had it preheated for 15mins. They local guys purchased the unit off said the exact same thing. Preheat as long as possible. As soon as I had the food o n I turned it straight down to medium. As I said rissoles were great it was just the chicken strips that were pretty crispy

Have a look around here mate:

http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/

Plenty of awesome info and recipes. One of the guys on there used to demo the Weber Q's for Weber and knows a shitload about them. All the Weber Q stuff is in the Portables section.

We bought a Baby Q from Rays to replace the Aldi BBQ and then went to buy a new lid for it with the thermometer - and walked away with the 200Q + folding stand.

The Baby Q now resides in the caravan and we've done pizza, roast chook, pork roll, spare ribs, potatoes and of course the usual steaks/snags/bacon. The 200Q sits at home and gets used every second day or so (every day, in the last week).

We do cheat a little. Rather than use the cast iron plate that we have, we often put 4 layers of foil down (that's how we do the potatoes and onions). We'll put roasts on a trivet and I cremate everything else straight on the iron grille.

The picture below was taken here. Zoom out a little ... we were on our way to Mungo National Park and stopped for dinner. The dirt road in from Balranald was brilliant, by the way - sat on 90km/h most of the way.

Oh, notice what's sitting between the car and caravan! :)

attachment.php

For those wondering, the photo was taken with a Canon EOS 500D, 55mm lens on "auto" mode. The photograph was resized from its original 4752x3168px to 800x533 for the forum but otherwise untouched. Yes, the sky really was THAT blue!

Attachments

• IMG_7771-resized.jpg
    IMG_7771-resized.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 678
With roasts - I put two layers of foil under the trivet, then stab a few slits in it.

Per heat for 15 minutes and use the temp control to get the desired temp. Usuall about 180 for most roasts we do.

If you neglect to put the foil down you will burn the roasts arse.

I have found the best way to clean the grill plate is to heat it up - remove with vice grips and hose it down!

old man has one of these, does a bloody nice roast on it! i've got a full sized weber and though it's a bit of work to get it done, the meat is produces is second to none, love it, time to start planning my next roast i think.

Ok I'm finally going to swap out my cheap camping BBC for something a little more luxurious. I want to here people's thoughts on through Weber Q bbqs. I am looking at getting the Q100e which is the high lid model with the thermometer in it. All prices I have got are the same for the baby q but they will discount the accessories, like duffle bag and trivet etc.

Let me know your thoughts? Will be purchasing one within the week.

Rusty

What size weber is everyone running and how are you all going with them?

Still like them?

Baby Q 100 high lid model. Do I like it? I love it. Use it on any meal that needs meat cooked. Usually had to fill my 9kg bottle up every 6 months we used a big bbq so much. I haven't filled the bottle up since buying it. I highly recommend them for sure. I am aiming to get a family sized Q when the kiddlings start coming.

Latest posts

Back