Welding the front diff up as a fully locked diff in 4wd!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SAS is pretty expensive. At a bare minimum you would be looking at 7 - 8K if you do all the labour yourself, you can almost double that price if a shop was to do it. Other thing to think about is legality, they are very hard to engineer in most states. I don't have mine engineered but I run the gauntlet of getting caught. I also only drive mine on weekends when I go wheeling to minimise the risk.

Rear 4 link you are still looking at another 5 - 8K depending on options. If you can get 4.6 diff centres and don't fit lockers you can save considerable coin. Here is a rough run down of what my rear has cost me so far:

Link material $300
1.25" heim joints $700
coilovers $1500
Link brackets $500
E locker 1300
Rear end bearings $300
4.88 diff gears $500
Patrol axle $80
Bolts and nuts $100

That's just over 5K, Then you have to think about a fuel tank, running new fuel and brake lines, making some sort of tray, driveshaft mods, etc

SAS is pretty expensive. At a bare minimum you would be looking at 7 - 8K if you do all the labour yourself, you can almost double that price if a shop was to do it. Other thing to think about is legality, they are very hard to engineer in most states. I don't have mine engineered but I run the gauntlet of getting caught. I also only drive mine on weekends when I go wheeling to minimise the risk.

Rear 4 link you are still looking at another 5 - 8K depending on options. If you can get 4.6 diff centres and don't fit lockers you can save considerable coin. Here is a rough run down of what my rear has cost me so far:

Link material $300

1.25" heim joints $700

coilovers $1500

Link brackets $500

E locker 1300

Rear end bearings $300

4.88 diff gears $500

Patrol axle $80

Bolts and nuts $100

That's just over 5K, Then you have to think about a fuel tank, running new fuel and brake lines, making some sort of tray, driveshaft mods, etc

Holy crap!! I'll have to see what I'm doing at the time to see if I have the money cause I hate ifs and want to get rid of it!

Thanks for that mate, I'll have to give it a think over!

Latest posts

Back