What battery for AUX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyways. I finally got everything for my setup. Have a dual purpose battery. 75ah Varta.
Bought a universal fit battery tray off eBay for $20.00 it's the battery almost perfectly ad mounted up well in the bay.
Just have to get off my arse and do all the wiring now.

Man you've already stuffed up, 75ah is way to big, 3 triple a's would have done the deal.

You're right. It's not like I even have a fridge to power yet. I would maybe go two 9 volts with that? How do I wire them or would I short outré system? :/ argh.
Where's Tony!!!

He came :0.
Just like catwoman!
Ah it'll do for now. I'll get a Century 75ah agm.

But you'd have to get a 100ah battery to match the current one you have at those rates.

What brand is these ones Mr Krafty? Gimme gimme.
Yeah I get them through work for about $250.00 much cheaper at rays?

I've just deleted a bucketload of posts from another thread that were way off topic. I've removed a couple from this thread too. If we can keep banter in the clubhouse then people who are trying to find answers to their questions will have more success (and an easier time of it).

The 160Ah AGM battery that we bought was $549 at Autobahn and $429 at Rays. We got it when there was a "$50 off Manager's Special" so we only paid $379 for it.

At $429, if they give 25% off, you'll only pay 429-107.25= $321.75. That's $2 per Ah for a spiral wound AGM, and that's a bargain. Next time there's a 25% off I'm buying another.

I'm testing my AGM tonight, to see how it holds up running our Waeco 140L fridge. I switched it over to battery at 4pm, and will check it tomorrow at 7am. If all is good, there'll still be plenty of volts, no warnings on the fridge and one happy little boy.

If you're after the 160Ah battery you'll need a 340mm battery tray. There's a smaller yellow-top (it's a type of Optima battery) that fits in the smaller cradle - I think it's still over 100Ah, so it should still suit your needs.

Isn't your second battery an N70?

The optima yellow is 55ah? If I'm not mistaken?
75ah is plenty for me. Never stop for more than 1 full day.

I've got a yellowD31 (155Ah) from Rays. Next time I'm in there I'll take a note of what the range is. They have blue and red tops as well. I'll note all of them and let you know.

I just got a 65ah Bond deep cycle to try it's first work out will be next week at Geehi. Will let you know how it performs.

Just a word of caution....

most of those fancy nancy batteries will not handle the heat of an engine bay.

+1 on that. Gel batteries in particular. AGM aren't as bad but gel batteries are seriously rubbish. Most alternator outputs will kill them. Alternator is supposed to deliver 14.4 to 147V and gels have a charge limit of 14.1V - anything higher creates bubbles in the gel and they don't rise to the top, they stay forever = dead battery.

Heat makes the gels even more sensitive.

Latest posts

Back