What clutch to get???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

equipt

Reaction score
Looks like I am up for a new clutch in the neer future, I have spoken to my mechanic and he said that he reccomends a 4 terain clutch, but they are not made for the zd30, so he surgested an Exedy. Just wondering what brands others have had fitted to there D22???

I read the topic header and instantly thought this one might be nice

clutch%20purse.jpg

But I'm a little tired.
Go with these guys. No bullshit and just genuine equipment. Give them a call and see what they recommend. clutch kits.Automotive Clutches,high performance clutch systems , brake clutch parts

Aido the sad thing is that you know it's a clutch. But then we all have different ideas about our accessories and I'm not mocking yours.

stick with the exedy mate, but go heavy duty (Sports Tuff?), and as a word of warning, check the trowout fork and pivot for wear and if not replacing at least lube with antiesieze lubricant.... read my thread about clutch noise, have fun lol
cheers

gday might be a little late, but i had a couple of the boys come over and we fitted an extreme heavy duty clutch. pretty purple colour, its alot heavier than standard thru the pedal, but i tow a 12x5 tandem trailer all day with rolloer doors on it so i needed something that wasn't gunna slip. pretty happy with it you get used to the pedal pressure.

gday might be a little late, but i had a couple of the boys come over and we fitted an extreme heavy duty clutch. pretty purple colour, its alot heavier than standard thru the pedal, but i tow a 12x5 tandem trailer all day with rolloer doors on it so i needed something that wasn't gunna slip. pretty happy with it you get used to the pedal pressure.
What brand was it, where d ya get it and how much was it Grumpy?

Last edited:
The Exedy that I ended up fitting was hot pink in colour, and it cost me $1400 fitted including a full service and a few other small things like fitting some after market mud flaps and wheel rotation.

The blokes at Alltrac (in Adleaide) recommend a rough grind on the fly-wheel when replacing the clutch - they reckon most modern diesels slip too much & this'll help. Any one got any thoughts?

nakedape

It would be an excedy.

Exedy Clutch Finder

Dave.

Actually extreme is the brand, I have a six puck metallic one in my track car.

Xtreme Clutch - All Australian High Performance Clutch Systems and Components

I am thinking about a clutch upgrade in my D22, it has always felt underdone to me, with that torque black hole at low revs with the ZD30 it is a pain to get moving uphill when towing, you wonder if the car is going to move or the clutch is going to cook first.

yeah sorry guys bluester is spot on its an Extreme clutch paid about $850 i think, bought at motor traders but fyi dvr i know u r from adelaide the extreme office is out at wingfield cormack rd i think. hope that helps.

Clutchless

how much heavier is the heavy duty clutch on the pedal is it annoyingly heavy, my mrs has to drive the car on the nights i sink a few to many so i dont want her bunny hopping my car everywhere, im debating on Exedy or Extreme or Safari tuff clutch which is made by Exedy?? anyone using any and can shed some light would be great, im doing rear main seal while the box is out and machine flywheel new clutch, should i change anything else while its all out cause i DO NOT want to take another box out unless its got two feet :feedback:

Attachments

• rooted.jpg
    rooted.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 107
how much heavier is the heavy duty clutch on the pedal is it annoyingly heavy, my mrs has to drive the car on the nights i sink a few to many so i dont want her bunny hopping my car everywhere, im debating on Exedy or Extreme or Safari tuff clutch which is made by Exedy?? anyone using any and can shed some light would be great, im doing rear main seal while the box is out and machine flywheel and new clutch, should i change anything else while its all out cause i DO NOT want to take another box out unless its got two feet :feedback:
:bump: :bump: does any one know anything about this job??

Bump.

Who's done a clutch.

They dont last forever so when the time comes the info would be handy.

My sister in law's father is one of the best brake and clutch guys in the area he's possibly done them, when I see him next I'll ask him about it and see what he says since no one else has much to offer.

Sorry about the delay in response, I have had mine in for over 12 months now and it is great. It was real soft for the 1st drive after getting it fitted but the mechanic said that was because of the lube on 1 of the shafts or something but it stiffened back up after a day and it was strange, sort of like a different car LOL. But I love it now and it is not too stiff at all your misses will be fine, it may take a drive or 2 to get used to it but she will be fine.

Back