What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bougt and installed a new battery, the bosh s5 70Ah died after 4 years. Now a hankook 90Ah(750CCA) took place, I hope it last for 2 or 3 years.

Greetings!!

Dropped it off at smash repair

I dropped it off at the smash repair joint for a fix after the truck f'ed up my TJM bullbar.
Previous to that (last Friday) I removed my front strut spacers and rear blocks. While I was at it, I put in lower ball joints on both sides finally after having them sit on the shelf for a few months.
Also, some may remember I stuffed the thread on my drivers side c.v. Joint??? After replacing the wheel bearing. ??
I put a whole new shaft in. Already to go out of the box straight into the front diff. Yehahhh!
Now Im without my nav for a about a week..😡
I liked the extra lift, but for the trouble it's worth, I'll keep it normal for now... If I do it again, it will be all springs. No spacers. No blocks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 89
Oh yeah I forgot

I hope everyone of you nav lovers had a great Xmas. All the best for the new yeah ladies and gents!
I forgot to mention that in last post,, sorry guys.

Finally started on my draw and false floor in the back. Also the tool shelves on the passenger side of the canopy. Fingers crossed I'll get it done in the next two weeks. Then maybe finally get the canopy painted.

As long as its not protruding outside of the bullbar in any spots etc, you should be sweet!
Yeah cool found heaps of info on light and reflection but nothing on mounting it. All good tho I'll just see what happens :p

Yeah cool found heaps of info on light and reflection but nothing on mounting it. All good tho I'll just see what happens :p

It's covered in NSW by VIB05 (Nov 2007) which opens by quoting Schedule 2 of the Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 2007:

Para 25 (1) Protrusions

‘An object fitted to a vehicle must be designed, built and fitted to the vehicle in such a way that minimises the likelihood of injury to a person making contact with the vehicle’.

They specifically mention lights:

Of particular concern are the ways in which items protruding forward of the bumper or bull bar are fitted eg. accessory fittings attached to the exterior of a vehicle such as brackets supporting aerials and lights.

Also of concern are bull bars that have sharp edges and pointed corners or bull bars fitted with accessory attachments such as fishing rod holders, lights and mounting brackets for such fittings, and any fittings that affect the field of view of the driver.

Now it's fairly reasonable to state that anyone hit by a bullbar travelling at any decent speed is going to come off second-best anyway, but I think that part of the reason for the ruling is the low-speed impacts that wouldn't normally kill or even seriously injure a person.

Take as an example a shopping centre car park and a mother carrying a child who steps out in front of your car. With no protrusions forward of the bullbar, the woman bends over the bar, the child hits the bonnet, they both fall to the ground. Two bandaids and a Panadol later and everyone's happy.

Now, put a fishing rod holder in the way. The woman gets her intestines ripped out and the child lands on the bonnet. Bandaids might work for the child, but that woman is going to need more than Panadol.

Today, I put on my new rego sticker..
and to read it

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420710861588.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420710861588.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 74
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420710893563.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420710893563.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 92
It's covered in NSW by VIB05 (Nov 2007) which opens by quoting Schedule 2 of the Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 2007:

They specifically mention lights:

Now it's fairly reasonable to state that anyone hit by a bullbar travelling at any decent speed is going to come off second-best anyway, but I think that part of the reason for the ruling is the low-speed impacts that wouldn't normally kill or even seriously injure a person.

Take as an example a shopping centre car park and a mother carrying a child who steps out in front of your car. With no protrusions forward of the bullbar, the woman bends over the bar, the child hits the bonnet, they both fall to the ground. Two bandaids and a Panadol later and everyone's happy.

Now, put a fishing rod holder in the way. The woman gets her intestines ripped out and the child lands on the bonnet. Bandaids might work for the child, but that woman is going to need more than Panadol.

Spot on Tony. Perfectly said. I have a rod holder on mine. If i don't want to take it off completely, from what i know, i loosen it a tad, and fold it backwards towards the bonnet so its tucked back behind the bullbar loops.

It sounds silly, but, a few years ago a mate was leaving work, a lady on her phone stepped out from the median strip whilst talking on her phone which left him merely a second to lock the brakes up. He struck her with his bullbar at maybe 40kms max.

She was very sore and sorry. Broken elbow. But, if his rod holder had of been fixed outwards like most, her arms, face etc would have been gouged and sliced with no doubt in my mind at all.

Replaced two wheel studs on the front passenger side after they failed and made quite an alarming thud sound as the shot off. No idea if they'd ere over tight or loose but they gone now.

Bought new ones this afternoon and had both replaced in under an hour.

Nice.

I just bought the esact same overdead console.
Well kinda did. Bought it got home check the box and the bloody thing wasny in there. And by the time i opened the store had closed.
Not very happy at all!

Latest posts

Back