What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking the same today I'm already used to the extra "1" lift don't think it's ever heigh enough lol.

Luckily I've got no bulbar or rear step at the moment. Just the towbar hanging bit low witch I want to try modify.

Hammer tone painted tub (in prep for canopy to go on) painted overall the dodgy scratch marks from Torna cover. Went with a hammer tone.....

image-1755063501.jpg

YEP!GOT A V6 'BUT I LIKE TO CUSTOMISE.

New trans pan....

20 yr old daughter borrows the Nav for camping trip with friends, with strict instructions not to do any bush bashing, resulted in dented trans pan and front factory stone guard. Engine check code p0720 speed error resulted in stuck in first gear. Back home on a tilt tray. Lesson learnt - her idea of bush bashing far exceeded mine!.....So lucky the impact of the rock in the middle of the track bounced it up and past the sump. Turns out the speed sensor wiring in the trans pan was affected by the dent and loosened the connection. Easy fix with new pan. Bash plates next on mods list. If anyone was paying attention to my signature, the iron men bash plates were refused to be sold for a Thai built after I ordered them, only allowed for Spanish build.
Now for all the scrub scratches that are now down the sides....

New trans pan

I should have added that the 2 Toyota troopies she was following were very impressed how well the Nav had kept up .
That's also when I realised she may not have understood the level of 4wding She wasn't supposed to be doing...

We had our side window smashed, took months for the replacement to arrive. In the meantime, I went to a signage place and had a piece of tinted perspex cut (rectangular) that I took home, drilled, shaped and fitted in its place.

Original window: $900
Perspex : $35
Satisfaction of DIY: priceless.

Stuff the mastercard!

We had our side window smashed, took months for the replacement to arrive. In the meantime, I went to a signage place and had a piece of tinted perspex cut (rectangular) that I took home, drilled, shaped and fitted in its place.

Stuff the mastercard!

Lol

Stuff the mastercard!

this is potentially on the cards but being rear opening window may be hard with opening latch etc

My side windows have latches. The only real difference is the distance between the hinges and the latches - the side windows are shorter.

If I had to do the rear window, I'd drill some extra holes and put some bracing along the sides near the gas struts (but to one side of the struts so they aren't interfered with).

Changed over the switch for my spotties fron plain black el cheapo to Narva illuminated "Driving Lights" with symbol switch. Tapped dash light wire from stereo illumination wire. Doesn't quite fit perfect but got it to stay in under right hand ac vent. Anyone got one to fit in perfect?

Changed over the switch for my spotties fron plain black el cheapo to Narva illuminated "Driving Lights" with symbol switch. Tapped dash light wire from stereo illumination wire. Doesn't quite fit perfect but got it to stay in under right hand ac vent. Anyone got one to fit in perfect?

I guess that switch is similar to the Carling ones? If it is, I just put a dab of superglue on the top and bottom of the bit that sits snug into the switch cutout. The problem I had was the bottom squeezed out so they didn't sit flush with the dash... If you wiggle it a bit it should push all the way in, if not, have a look in the back of the hole and you'll see its got a bit of a notch in it, file that down so its flat and it should fit fine

I guess that switch is similar to the Carling ones? If it is, I just put a dab of superglue on the top and bottom of the bit that sits snug into the switch cutout. The problem I had was the bottom squeezed out so they didn't sit flush with the dash... If you wiggle it a bit it should push all the way in, if not, have a look in the back of the hole and you'll see its got a bit of a notch in it, file that down so its flat and it should fit fine

Thanks bods. Might do that too. I checked out what the original blanking plate looked like and trimmed the clip on the switch with a pair of sidecutters to match. It sits in there and resists minimal force but I know at some point it'll get knocked pop out.

Latest posts

Back