What dont you like about your Navara.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2010 d40 tc tdi auto.

Massive amounts of dust in cabin on dirt roads

I learnt this trick as a young bloke living in the bush where all we had was dirt roads. I could keep the inside of my car clean for years while everyone else was choking on dust.

If you want to keep the dust out of the cabin you need to pressurise it. The easiest and cheapest way is to have the windows up and fan on full bore blowing fresh air into the car (aircon on is fine). This creates a higher air pressure in the cab than outside the car and stops the dust getting in . A more expensive way is to do what the rally drivers do and install a scoop on the roof to force air in and create the higher pressure without having to run the fan.

Don't use recirculate on your fan unless you are following a car on a dirt road as this causes a negative pressure within the cabin and actually sucks dust in through the door seals etc

Don't have your window open as you will also cause a negative pressure within the cab that will suck dust in through the door seal (like a wing the disturbed air inside the cab has less pressure than the undisturbed air outside the car)

Pads and shocks worn out at 35TKms despite the 20/80 split between mild offroad and on-road use.
Squeaks coming from who knows where. Probably the hard plastics.
Plastics scratch easily.
Torque before boost is non-existent. Makes me wonder why they put in a 2.5 in a bigger car.
Body shudder is terrible.
Paint is too thin.

I hate the steering wheel as my air bag rattles & vibrates through my hands,
As usual Nissan says its normal
2010 STX DT/A
Cheers
Fuzz

I'd be finding another dealer, I've never had such an issue but I don't consider such things normal and considering it's a safety device I wouldn't be wanting to feel any vibrations in it. Go and get a second opinion, if two dealers say the same thing then maybe they are right, but chances are what one doesn't fix today another will fix tomorrow.

Almost everything is great on mine.

Only bad points are
-the handling through pot holes on the dirt, car feels way too light and out of control.
-Turning circle
-interior scratches easily
-Plastic side steps

-how pedantic you feel when you buy such an expensive car (I am only 22 years old)

Nissan road side assist, or its usually ''Sorry in this situation we are unable to help you''

next time i'll just say I run out of fuel so you send the RACV man out and he can help me open my stuck door!!!

...and the horn is a little embarrassing

Just for you guys regarding the "Auto up" on the driver's window.
I am sure there is a post somewhere with the procedure.
From memory, I fully opened the window & held the button for another 5 seconds, then closed the window & held the button down for another 5 seconds.
That was it.
Cheers,
Phil

with the auto up my 08 has a dual switch pull up 1 click for up and if you pull it up over that click it is auto all the way to the top. Same on the way down but push down. Never had an issue with it

Nissan road side assist, or its usually ''Sorry in this situation we are unable to help you''

next time i'll just say I run out of fuel so you send the RACV man out and he can help me open my stuck door!!!

...and the horn is a little embarrassing

AIR HORNS $40 , problem fixed

Latest posts

Back