What dont you like about your Navara.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ask the Mrs for a cuddle Krafty, should make you feel better.

Dave.

It didn't work Dave...might have had something to do with me saying. "Dave gets closer and makes it feel better" just after she tried it.

crap headlights
log book dosnt fit in glovebox
no child restraints (yet they have child lock doors)
plastic scratches easy

oh and a stoved in front end but apart from that in the 8thou k's ive done love it

What I particularly do not like about my D22 is that I sold it :(

I have gone even more hairdresser than a D40 and am just waiting for delivery of my new lease car through work which is a current spec Xtrail diesel manual. I could not even sell my D22 to the lease company and lease it back, they wont do anything above 1000kg payload and the Nav was 1020kg or something like that. Plus to be honest, 50,000km a year in an unladen D22 would be something only my chiropracter would love.

We owned it outright and it would have been nice to keep it but it is hard to justify four cars between three people when for 99% of the things I did with the ute other than towing, a 6 X 4 trailer will do just as well. For towing we have an R51 Pathfinder and on that one weekend every couple of years when we need to tow two things at once the Xtrail is rated to 2000kg anyway.

Things I did not like about the car itself.

Lack of rear speakers
Stiff rear suspension combined with overly soft front suspension.
Lack of torque from right down low in the rev range when towing.
Somewhat vague steering.
A horn that belongs in a road runner cartoon (I needed it once to fend of some nice old biddy who tried to push me off the Prices Freeway at 110KMH while towing and it was useless, I may as well have stuck my head out of the window and yelled)

That would be about it.

If anyone wants a nice Dec 06 build D22 (First reg May 07 I think it was) it is down at Brighton Nissan. Looks really nice, no idea what they are asking for it and I am not going to look so that I don't have to get offended about the trade in price!

re the auto up windows, the Xtrail is supposed to have an auto up drivers window, I will be annoyed if it does not but I can see the safety reasons behind it. the R51 has an auto up window that is supposed to have a "Safety turnback" feature that drops it again if it is obstructed on the way up, but having tried to stop it with my hand I would not like to have my kids neck in there!

Oh yes the horn, it is too embarrassing so I just flash the morons with my spotties and give them the bird instead....lol

Did that too! She still did not notice, but all of her passengers were looking pretty pale when I passed them in the right hand emergency lane. They all knew how close it was to all our numbers coming up. She literally pulled away from the left hand emergency lane about 100m in front of me and aimlessly wandered across in front of me and then turned right through the median strip behind me after I passed her on the right in the emergency lane because there was simply nowhere else to go.

I thought about fitting a couple of Mack dogs to it but I doubt it would have made any difference to be honest, just that in the situation going past with the horn going "meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" was not very satisfying!

D22 STR 04.

Those stupid plastic fairing around the wheels.

The loud creak at full lock.

Stock exhaust.

Really come on its a work ute.

Oh, and pulls to left like a @#$%!!!

D22 STR 04.

Stock exhaust.

don't crank the full lock so hard. you probably worn the stops off already.
pulling left, get your wheel alignment fixed.

reminds me, been useing the aircon a bit lately and the blow hot air to heat up the aircon (so regulate temp) setup is a bit of a joke really. can't they afford a thermostat ?

Drivers side rear door ashtray keeps opening by itself all the time. Every time I open the door, there it is open (yes I do close it!)

Cheers Brad

nissans roadside assist. the only assistance they offer is towing. i know whats wrong and how to fix it just drop me off a screwdriver!

D22 STR 04.

Stock exhaust.

You can notice where the contact is at full lock and add some grease, it really works. I used to do that in my old D22 and it worked fine, no noise after that.

pulling left, get your wheel alignment fixed.

Had two different mobs do wheel alignment in less then a month. Both struggled. I asked if there was anything bent, as the Navara has had a hard life and they said no. One mob reckon its the tyres. LOL.

Every car has its faults.

I reckon D22's are pretty sweet, albeit a few issues.

Hey Scott, what did the VG33E rev out to ?

The ZD30 isn't to bad for overtaking, drop back to 4th and keep her above 3000rpm and she gets up and boogies.

Dave.

The excessive brake dust. Takes longer to clean the front mags than it does to wash the rest of the truck.

Brake dust is one of those things that's forever being bitched about especially with D40's yet I haven't washed my ute for nearly 3 months and there is almost no dust on the alloys. Even last time I did the rotation there was only a light shading of dust on the wheels but not much compared to what some people suggest.

Latest posts

Back