What dont you like about your Navara.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
would like cruise, After market kits seem pricey. But after a 93 hilux d/cab i please easy just not cheap so the wife says:sarcastic:

only 1 thing i dont like , otherwise I love it.
I have the series 4 stx, 140kw 6spd.
Although it supposedlyhas heaps of torque, there is nothing below 1400rpm, when driving down to 15-30klms - 2nd gear stalls, but cant go to first due to gate,(and its too low) . its a pain in the backside as I have to ride the clutch to prevent it stalling. really bad in traffic.

Anyone else find this an issue?

only 1 thing i dont like , otherwise I love it.
I have the series 4 stx, 140kw 6spd.
Although it supposedlyhas heaps of torque, there is nothing below 1400rpm, when driving down to 15-30klms - 2nd gear stalls, but cant go to first due to gate,(and its too low) . its a pain in the backside as I have to ride the clutch to prevent it stalling. really bad in traffic.

Anyone else find this an issue?

It's the main reason why I sold mine.

I'm new here, and also only just bought a brand new Nav D22. Only 6000kms done so far and here's my list:

Bad suspension on unsealed roads.
Terrible noise when steering on full lock on uneven gound.
Thin plastic guard under alloy bullbar (it's very loose too).
Tub liner is falling off already, and they scratched the paint work fitting it.
The Nissan\IPF driving lights protrude badly in front of the bull bar despite the safety sticker.
Fan setting 1 is like a tornado.

Other than that, I do like the ute... was a bargain compared to others.

I'm new here, and also only just bought a brand new Nav D22. Only 6000kms done so far and here's my list:

Bad suspension on unsealed roads.
Terrible noise when steering on full lock on uneven gound.
Thin plastic guard under alloy bullbar (it's very loose too).
Tub liner is falling off already, and they scratched the paint work fitting it.
The Nissan\IPF driving lights protrude badly in front of the bull bar despite the safety sticker.
Fan setting 1 is like a tornado.

Other than that, I do like the ute... was a bargain compared to others.

I agree with the fan speed one being a tornado, it is an uncomfortable compromise between off and speed 1.

I had the same with the tub liner, i presume you are talking about the tailgate panel? if so i drilled a hole in the 4 corners and used a stainless washer and rivet to hold the panel on securely. Looks quite factory too.
The factory fit is double sided tape!!

Mine has 4500km and except for a couple of little teething problems it has been great.

Regards
Greg

navvy06 said:
had a horrible squeek coming from the back found on of the rear cab bolts was five or six turns loose and the drivers side bolt had fallen out compleatly. fair bit of shake with the factory bar aswell

Where abouts is this?

The Ashtrays WTF. 2x too small. Just should have made a big one.

2x ashtrays? I can't for the life of me even remember where they put one in mine. It must be behind the reversing camera screen because I can't remember ever seeing it.

What i hate.

06 STR here, love the ute, does everything i ask.... BUT!

things that annoy me.
tub vibrates WAY! too much, have checked all mounting bolts and they are tight and fine. On road vibrates heaps and off road i am afraid it will fly off!!
Squeaky noises coming from behind driver when going over bumps at low speed. like high pitch squeaking/rubbing noise
No rear speakers, but speaker guards in place
Stock CD Deck plays bugger all CD's
My mates complain about leg room in the back, but it beats walking :)
Headlights were weak. not anymore thanks to a 6000k HID conversion. Now i am afraid i BLIND other road users.
Stock rims are pathetic, Both d22 and d40 rims obviously designed by a stoner!
When you LOCK the doors via door lock button, ONLY 3 work. If you put agitators in WHY NOT PUT 4 IN!
Seats could be a little more comfortable.
Go to turn a corner only to find out your indicator is off even though i put it on.
BAD BAD BAD BAD turning circle, as for full lock, bit of grease every 4-6months and i can FULLY lock wheels w/o loud rubbing/grinding noise.
Could be better aftermarket gear available.

Other than that, i cant go wrong the d22!

Brett

Although the seats are comfy ( I think!) , They could be built up to wrap around. Makes it interesting trying to cotrol my arse sliding around aswell as the the car. However I will rectifying this in the near future.

lack of compartment space. glove box is tiny
no where to put coins (2 tiny ashtrays useless)
no petrol cap release
not as standard keyless entry (is this 1990?)
no child restraints

Last edited:
I dislike the lack of instruments on the speedo on the stx. I like to know what the current fuel useage is and distance to empty when towing especially with a head wind or hills so I know when to fillup and avoid expensive fuel outlets its not even an option.
poor turning circle.
soft rear suspension
Not being able to option it up to Pathfinder specs
otherwise satisfied

Duck, you can always buy something like a Scangauge (or the many varieties) and fix the instrument problem in many more ways than any car company ever has. Such add ons for a small cost will show you the information most car computers do and more. As for not optioning up to the Pathy specs, there is nothing stopping you doing this aftermarket, you'll find most of the wiring looms and stuff in place by the look of it, the problem will only be the costs which if Nissan would do it would be astronomical anyway. Although it depends what model you have, these days the ST-X is a lot closer to Pathy Spec than the 09 model was.

Actually the specs in the ST-X were what eventually put me off leasing one. Really the top spec ute is about equivalent spec wise to the base spec Pathfinder and I thought that was a little bit of a raw deal, especially when I could lease the Pathfinder for less.

The one that I think they have missed the boat on is the new ST-X 550, I reckon for that money they should be kitted out inside like the TI Pathfinder, not the ST (And face it, how many people will be buying them for 4WD ability? Sticking a leather interior in there and HID lights etc would be perfectly appropriate to the use the buyers are likely to put it to)

2010 d40 tc tdi auto.
Hot to warm air through vents when in cold position.
Crap fuel economey, 400 to a tank city driving
Transmission shudder btw 2&3
Massive amounts of dust in cabin on dirt roads
Crap clearance off rd
Crap suspenion off rd (on rd ok)
NISSAN DEALERS service (for warranty)
No auto up on drivers window
Hard to get correct offset in after market rims
No engine braking in low first
Cant fit second battery
Gaps in tailgate when closed , talk about a dust bowl.
And again a total lack of care , ownership from nissan regarding ANY issue.

2010 d40 tc tdi auto.
Hot to warm air through vents when in cold position.
Crap fuel economey, 400 to a tank city driving
Transmission shudder btw 2&3
Massive amounts of dust in cabin on dirt roads
Crap clearance off rd
Crap suspenion off rd (on rd ok)
NISSAN DEALERS service (for warranty)
No auto up on drivers window
Hard to get correct offset in after market rims
No engine braking in low first
Cant fit second battery
Gaps in tailgate when closed , talk about a dust bowl.
And again a total lack of care , ownership from nissan regarding ANY issue.

Hot to warm get Nissan to check, there was problems in the 09 with a dud resistor behind the panel, most reported the issue to be only in the fan operation but I know of people who had warm air constantly.

Fuel economy, your right foot could be a culprit.

Cabin dust, install the cabin filters, in the 09 they are not installed until 20K (if you use Nissan servicing). I don't think they make a difference but others do.

Auto up on drivers window, search for thread titled Auto Up in the D40 section

You can fit a second battery just not under the hood, although I did once see someone with a compressor under the hood of a D40 so anything is possible.

Gaps in the tailgate can be fixed a bit with foam from Clark Rubber, search the D40 section for Tailgate sealing.

The rest of the issues may or may not be fixable.

Although the seats are comfy ( I think!) , They could be built up to wrap around. Makes it interesting trying to cotrol my arse sliding around aswell as the the car. However I will rectifying this in the near future.

I had wrap around seats in my old GQ patrol. They were great when i first put them in, especially off road and going around fast corners. But after about 18months the right hand side of the driver seat cushion sagged. This was because as you get in the higher vehicle all your weight goes on the side of the seat. If you put a lip there then it makes it harder to get into the seat meaning you put more weight on the side of the seat. The higher the lip on the side of the seat, the less time it seams to last before it sags. At least with the flat seat base you can slide into the car easier without putting all your weight on the side of the seat.

Latest posts

Back