What side is your Awning bolted on?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lever

Reaction score
Just wondering why most awnings that i have seen are mounted to the left side of canopy or roof racks.
Is there a reason for it?
I would have thought it would be better on the right side, drivers side.
Am i missing something, asked at a ARB store, but he just shrugged his shoulder, ( so must be a dumb question! )
so no closer to an answer..

Dunno... Maybe so if you're stuck on the side of the highway broken down you have shade on the passengers side....?

In d40s the single back seat is on the passangers side which in my case i have taken out and the fridge is there so awning is better on the passanger side.

Passenger side cause my fridge is on that side and when I pull over while travelling its on the quiet side rather than opening towards the traffic or road.

In WA when beach fishing the wind is usually southerly or south westerly, if you want the rear facing water with tail gate down to use as table or bait board like i do then the car blocks a lot of wind if awning is on left side of car. If awning was on right side front end would be better facing water on most occasions.

Mine is on the right hand side,, i like o listen to the radio while chilling out and when i wake up in the mornings, just unlock the door and turn it on, last thing i do at night is lock up, so makes it more practical for me. especialy if its raining,

Mine's on the passenger side. Fridge in the tub is on that side, so I can get to it when stopping by the side of the highway and needing a cool drink. Makes sense to have the tools and shit on the right hand side, and the food and stuff on the left. That means awning goes on the left.

the main reason i have put mine on the left hand side is because i sleep underneath it with the mosquito net arround it and i can unlock the passenger door without it unlocking the other so i can reach in i guess during the night whilst having every other door locked for unsuspecting thieves, well thats how im justifying putting it on that side anyways haha

Thanks for that, it looks like those that have awnings, not very many,
9 have them on the left ( passenger side ) and 1 on the right ( drivers side )
So it looks like no particular reason to have it on one side or the other, safety wise that is.
I will have my fridge on the right ( back seats removed ) and tools, straps and recovery gear on the left.
Hopefully i will be using my fridge a lot more than recovery gear.
Traveling on my own most of the time, so having awning on right makes more sense for me.
Can't see me using it much at rest stops, as most have shelters and seats.
Bush camping, for shade, i don't think it matters what side, but if i drive up to tent, camper trailer etc., i normally pull up to the left side.
So the awning would be better on the right, for extra shade from sun or rain..
Talk about sleeping under the awning in a swag etc., i think when aliens try to get me late at night, i think i would rather be closer to the drivers side for a quick getaway.

Have you ever got in the car, all ready to go ????
And think have i got everything, yes i got the guy ropes and pegs, nothing else, is there?????

Given my advancing years, i just think that an awning on the right side, would ensue i remember to take it down before heading out....

Oh No!!, just noticed on Pat Callinan's 4x4 Adventures that his Patrol has an awning on the left side...
Should i be bucking the the popular trend, of bolting said awning to the left side...

I should just think of the extra imposed exercise i'm getting by walking around the other side of the Navara.
( I really need to lose weight )

Oh edit that, it's a repeat, doesn't count------

Latest posts

Back