What's your light setup?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrootStik

Reaction score
Hey all
Looking into getting lights finally for my Nav. Never needed them until my planned trip over Christmas so looking into setups.
I'm still unsure what I should get.
I'm thinking led spot lights and a light bar for spread. But the thing I'm not sure on is how well do the led spot lights work?
Also there are a lot of very expensive ones available, but cheaper option on eBay. Anyone had experience with these?
Or do I go HID spot lights with a light bar?
Cheers

hid spotties with a light bar is a good combo as the hid's take about 10 sec to warm up. led's are bright but you dont get the distance of hid's

Just remember, in wa now it is illegal to have a light bar fitted on the roof, on the sports bar or on the top hoop of the bullbar...

Cheers bods. Yeah I'm all over that.
I have the Xbox bar and was thinking hid lights in the middle, and 2 small light bars either side of the bar in the triangle cut outs??? Not sure how they will work though

Yeah, dunno how the smaller ones go... i have a 126w one, about 20inch i think that i did have on the top hoop of my xrox, but have moved it and just drilled a couple of holes on the front of the bash plate to mount it. So it now sits below the winch hole, but I'm still not sure on it down there. Works ok, but will get fairly easily damaged i reckon... i have a couple of 4inch 55w hid spotties in the wing sections on mine too lol

I was looking into the light force 210 Genisis hid spotties. Not sure on wattage or voltage as I'm not to up with all the tech on lights. What's the 12v or 24v difference?

24v is pretty much just for trucks these days. You would be hard pressed to find 24v in a car anymore... as for wattage, to higher, the brighter. But they will also use more power, so that's another thing to keep in mind if you have a lot of accessories. The alternator only has so much spare capacity left to charge the battery, so you have to make sure you're not taking out more than you are putting in...

I've got a 120W CREE LED light bar on mine and really, it puts out enough light that I can see just about anything and stop for it when towing on a highway. I do like flicking the IPF spotties on now and again, especially now that I've replaced the 100W globes with 130W globes.

In reality though, you only need the light bar.

Ok cheers Old.Tony maybe that is my best option then, and see how it goes. Definitely the cheaper option also!
It depends what sort of driving you do too. If you head into outback wa, hids would be the go for the distance they give you. Some really big things creeping around on those highways at night lol

^ That's true, but I've discovered that it's not the things you can see in front of you that hit you ... more often than not it's the little stupid bugger just off the side of the road that gets spooked and bolts in the wrong direction.

The dumb roo we collected just out of Dubbo on our last trip was only visible as he appeared about 3-4 metres in front of my right headlight (and we were doing about 90km/h). My light bar didn't even help with that one!

Not that often really, we haven't for a while now. Came through in January from Lake Menindee and had to stop on Thomson St I think it was, my awning bracket had broken, that was about 10pm and I was surprised at the traffic!

Won't be back that way for a while yet, we're going south this Christmas. We'll probably return through West Wyalong/Cowra/Bathurst/Lithgow/Putty for this trip.

Can't wait to head out that way again though. Time is not on my side at the moment!

When you do hopefully I'm in town :)
As for this thread I run 2x 4" hyperspot osram LEDs and can't fault them there amazing

I just installed a pair of 9 inch 180w led spotties last week. They are bloody good. They put out so much light i dont think i need a light bar now. They make the narva 225s i took off the nav look pathetic

Latest posts

Back