whats your next mod u want to do to your nav?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a dual battery system to hook up which is waiting for room to be made from the snorkel i have sitting around waiting to fit, along with a arb roll out side awning waiting to be mounted on a custom rooftop cage thats in the pipe works. busy few weekends ahead.

Fan under the intercooler of the YD25 top mount. this is for the 08+ YD25 models using a Davies Craig 8" thermo fan hooked to a switch on the dash for manual operation. Keep an eye on my build thread in the coming couple of weeks.

be interested in that rusty, make it as detailed as possible :) will you have anyway to compare temps before and after

be interested in that rusty, make it as detailed as possible :) will you have anyway to compare temps before and after

Yeh mate i have a ChipIt EGT Module and will be doing a few tests while idling and slow movements and up a few hills with and without it running. this is if all my measurements are correct and it all fits hehe. there is no point doing highway speed tests as it wont do anything cause its already forced entrance as it is.

for me its a bullbar. Hard part is trying to find a second hand one in nsw. After that its new wheels and tyres

Well So far I Only Have a Steel Bull-bar , Snorkel,GME 3540,IPF 900xs spotties and electronic rust protection but July/August is looking to be a good month for My Nav NAv have already booked in for a 2" Suspension Lift Through Zordos, a Chip and 3" Mandrel Bent Stainless steel exhaust through Roo systems, also getting Side steps /Brush Guards and Rear step/tow protection,canopy through ARB, a Warn Winch is also getting installed and a set of Mickey Thompson 265/75 16 on CSA monster rims and a Boggard turbo timer....Then next Stop Glass house ....:)

Fitted new globes to the instrument cluster and in the process managed to bust 1 of the globe holders. I went to the local wreckers to see if they would sell the globe holders out of a broken dash, I left with the whole instrument cluster out of an STR, it had a few cracks and was missing the tabs to screw it in but had plenty of globe holders and as a bonus also has the white dial paces. So next mod was to completely dismantle my cluster and fit the new white face. This was not hard at all the problems came when I tested it and as soon as I turned the key to "On" the speedo went up to 40Kmh and the thcho went up to 2000Rpm, the temp gauge and the fuel gauge rose more than expected as well. After an hour or so af trying to work out how to fix it we ended up just pulling the front off the cluster and re positioning the needles into the approximate correct position, we got the speedo 95% and the tacho 99% I am pretty happy with the fuel gauge but the temp gauge is a little high. A few more minor tweeks and it should be fine.

After all that I am stoked that I can now see the dash at night with mush brighter back lighting and the pretty new white face dials.

List of wants in order:-
Boost gauge, oil pressure gauge EGT gauge ( can I get these 3 on a column mount?)

Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the safari snorkel big loop in the engine bay

Want to fit dual battery there (75AH)

Intercooler Like the look of the Northside one (got to check prices)

2.5" exhaust

Longrange fuel tank (what size can I get in without a body lift?)

Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the safari snorkel big loop in the engine bay

Want to fit dual battery there (75AH)

Hmm wonder if I can get Northside to modify the path of the pipes... I think there is a neater path that will give me room for my dual battery if I can modify that D$%& safari connector... what about the YD25 connector pipe does anyone know if it will marry up with a safari snorkel?

OH! Also install solar panel to "Prorack carry bars" on canopy
Drawers and drop down slider for my old Engel fridge

Last edited:
Definitely the exhaust and possibly a chip. After running around some high country yesterday for the first time, some very steep sections definitely pushed the nav's 2.5, but i could feel it has more it just has to be unleashed.

First coat of raptor ute liner in, it's come up nice, will give it a second coat, only used 1/4 of the paint so far.... Now I can start working on the shelf...

So much to do I don't know where to start.
Bullbar, spray tub liner, canopy, dual batteries, 32" tyres and sunnies, 2" lift, so much more

I'm leaning towards spotties....
Just getting my firearms license, the trucks been put on hold for a while

Got a foot rest from Gary at nizzbits, took bout 20min to fit, well worth the $48 for the extra comfort and feel more secure behind the wheel now (and my size 11 feet still fit in the foot well)

2nd layer of tub liner in, looks sweet. Also working on sealing the tail gait.. Then I can start working on the shelf...

Latest posts

Back