winch control box location

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Dave,

Heard stories about them "possibly" malfunctioning but seeing as I don't have one anyway, hiding the control box was too hard.

Thought about making the clutch lever access difficult as well but that's the same deal. Maybe I will take the rope off and store it unless a trip or something special is planned?

Last edited:
Mine fit nicely in behind the Iron man protector bar

Its just to the left of the number plate, you can see the top corner through the hole on top of the bar.
Can access it through the front slot and through the top hole easily.

I've got a genuine Nissan bar and a tmax winch. I mounted my box behind the Nissan grill on its side. Easy to poke the control cable through the grill slots. There was two drilled holes in the grill support bar (under the grill) that fitted the control box perfectly. Just screwed the screws straight in. It fits in front of the radiator fan with a few inches to spare. And it's nice and high

Yeah Dave,

Heard stories about them "possibly" malfunctioning but seeing as I don't have one anyway, hiding the control box was too hard.

Thought about making the clutch lever access difficult as well but that's the same deal. Maybe I will take the rope off and store it unless a trip or something special is planned?

My Winch set up has the same isolator on the main power cable as in a photo a few posts back, RLI has a thread on here about taking his winch rope off, And getting stuck while the ropes at home on the shed floor

My Winch set up has the same isolator on the main power cable as in a photo a few posts back, RLI has a thread on here about taking his winch rope off, And getting stuck while the ropes at home on the shed floor

I remember now. Something about getting the old man to bring it to him but coming back with a normal rope and the old man leaving the Patrol with some biker to mind. :big_smile:

Latest posts

Back