Work, what do you do.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ex-navy Radar and Sonar Tech.

Worked on the aussie submarines in Rockingham, WA for a few years as a contractor looking after all the sonars and communications masts.

Now i supervise maintenance at the the Army's Tiger helicopter simulator as a contractor in Oakey, QLD.

A good mate of mine has just left 4 RAR and I reckin you would no Dave Hedgecock being in the security business

G,evening Scotty,

Yes i do know Dave Hedgecock, Bob Jones the red dragon boys from Zen
Do Kai and Kick-Boxing side of the industry. Tony Zalewski and Mick Gatto.
I was a Kyokushin Karate boy with my good mates Geoff Challanger, Mark
Ecknovic, Luke Girrovic, Sam Greco and big Sammy La tote. I worked with
big Sammy at the Down Under Hard rock Cafe in Lygon St back in the 1990's.

Regards,

RLI.:rock:

G,evening Scotty,

Yes i do know Dave Hedgecock, Bob Jones the red dragon boys from Zen
Do Kai and Kick-Boxing side of the industry. Tony Zalewski and Mick Gatto.
I was a Kyokushin Karate boy with my good mates Geoff Challanger, Mark
Ecknovic, Luke Girrovic, Sam Greco and big Sammy La tote. I worked with
big Sammy at the Down Under Hard rock Cafe in Lygon St back in the 1990's.

Regards,

RLI.:rock:

Small world RLI, I used to go to that Hard rock down under joint back in the early 90's. I was a young innocent so i wouldn't have given you any shit (i think) I remember getting parking tickets from the Grey Ghost pricks after parking on the median in the back streets. And in another coincidence i met Mick Gatto last week.

Work as a Process Engineer in the cement industry.

Qualified with a degree in Chemical Engineering from Queens University Belfast.
Worked in Northern Ireland, Scotland and now Australia (and loving it) :)

Murph

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Small world RLI, I used to go to that Hard rock down under joint back in the early 90's. I was a young innocent so i wouldn't have given you any shit (i think) I remember getting parking tickets from the Grey Ghost pricks after parking on the median in the back streets. And in another coincidence i met Mick Gatto last week.

Hi bomboddore, I used to do the Friday & Saturday shifts at the Hard rock cafe. I was security manager for the Mitcham hotel & Juice club in Ringwood. I worked for John Wilkingson (Wilco) at McIVER services/Sheldon Dale. My good mate Lee Orani was my 2ic. When trouble escalated at either the Bayswater, Elthan or the Mathew Flinders Hotel both Lee and I would be sent out to back-up those hotspots. Dave Russle was an extremly good man to have on your side at the Bayswater Hotel.

Anyhow, that was another era, I am now a mellow man with a beautiful family. and my passion now is camping with family,friends, fishing, 4x4 driving. photography and travelling.

Regards,

RLI.
:wash_truck:

Hi bomboddore, I used to do the Friday & Saturday shifts at the Hard rock cafe. I was security manager for the Mitcham hotel & Juice club in Ringwood. I worked for John Wilkingson (Wilco) at McIVER services/Sheldon Dale. My good mate Lee Orani was my 2ic. When trouble escalated at either the Bayswater, Elthan or the Mathew Flinders Hotel both Lee and I would be sent out to back-up those hotspots. Dave Russle was an extremly good man to have on your side at the Bayswater Hotel.

Anyhow, that was another era, I am now a mellow man with a beautiful family. and my passion now is camping with family,friends, fishing, 4x4 driving. photography and travelling.

Regards,

RLI.

The Bayswater hotel didn't have a reputation for classiness. I went in there in the seventies with the old man a few times, not at night though. It was a tad rough.

Fitter at the BP refinery in Brisbane.

Cheers,
Rusty.

Were building your new admin building there.

I'm a qualified carpenter and I'm thinking of starting up my own handyman and maintenence business.
So If anybody wants anything done, give me a yell.

Desk Jockey - Graphic Designer.

Bit of a change from the Navy

I went through a few pages - am I the only one on here?

Cheers, Chris

Nope I've been doing anything from web pages to promotional flyers to band material for about 17 years, among many other things.

Regards,

RLI.

I hear you - I feel exactly the same way - I did Zen Do Kai for 15 years - we did work under the brand of warlord security - mostly concert work - a bit rough at times! I don't miss any of it now - except maybe the body I used to have!

I hear you - I feel exactly the same way - I did Zen Do Kai for 15 years - we did work under the brand of warlord security - mostly concert work - a bit rough at times! I don't miss any of it now - except maybe the body I used to have!

G,day dirtjockey,

I like you, do not miss the industry. To many injuries have caused me to feel a lot older than my age. I agree about the body scenario! My wife keeps telling me what happened dear? I just tell her, "all your nagging about time spent training, torn and blood splattered clothes, and the f---king extra large meals you feed me"

Regards,

RLI

:cheers!:

Service advisor at a Nissan dealer :). One of the most hated people around haha

Only if you advise wrongly like the idiots I have to deal with....hmmm no location are you an idiot? :big_smile:

I'm a sparky in SE-QLD, currently looking for work because my current company has run out of work, but in the spare time I enjoy driving the nav and photography.

Service advisor at a Nissan dealer :). One of the most hated people around haha

Wanna transfer to my local dealer and I might go there.

The local service manager has cost many a people thousands of dollars.

I can think of atleast 6 people I know of.

Latest posts

Back