tigerz winch info needed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooba_285

Reaction score
hi all, just wondering who has a tigerz winch and what they think of it, havent heard alot about them and wondering if there any good and do they fit on a standard winch bar?

I think they get a good rap from what I've read/seen.

I'm looking at the 12000LB with Dyneema rope. Good price.

Ive got a 12000lb tigerz with rope. Had it only couple months but works great. Got me out of some serious bog holes already. It fits straight into standard winch bar. Look on here a thread the other day about a tigerz shop think the thread was called somthing bout cheper 4x4 gear. They had them pretty cheap

yeah i saw that thread thats why i am considerin getting a tigerz over others

Iv got a 10,000lb one on my D40, used it a few times and works great. Fitted my ARB bar without any trouble. The only thing you may want to check, is if you need an offset hawse fairlead if you are running rope, I did. Oh and the hook is HUGE!!!! haha

I was there today.I saw the internals of the winch as well and they look good. They have 22000lb 12v winches as well. I know Woody D40 has a tigerz winch and is very happy with his.

thats awesome, i read somewhere that their having a $2 million sale so i thought thats why, so i thought i had to do it quickly

i just bought the 12000lb today. Go to ebay type in Tigerz11 it will take you right ,it will also show you the comparo with a warn and 1 other pretty good i reckon. kev

im thinking hercules 12 000lb with rope, whats the difference between havin rope or cable other than weight? theres like a 30-40kg difference

I'm thinking of the 12000LB Grande with rope.

Bought the winch frame for my TJM bullbar today. Just need to order the winch now.

Whats the difference between havin rope or cable other than weight? theres like a 30-40kg difference

Found this guide:

Synthetic Ropes Versus Steel Cables For Your 4WD Winch

Before the advent of great synthetic rope technology like Dyneema rope , a lot of winch rope were in fact steel cables, which were the best option when the choice was either steel cables or natural fibre ropes. Depending on what you are doing with your 4WD, some people still prefer steel cables, though before you decide what will suit your needs best it’s a good idea to think about the pros and cons. The following are some of the main points to consider when choosing between synthetic ropes and steel cables.

Reasons To Use Synthetic

One of the great reasons to choose synthetic ropes is because they are extremely light and very strong, meaning you will be able to carry more weight on your winch than you would if it were steel cable. Unlike their natural fibre predecessors, synthetic ropes won’t rot and if you have to cut a synthetic rope it is easy to reseal the end by just melting it with a lighter. As far as maintenance goes, synthetic ropes win again as there is virtually no maintenance necessary, and synthetic ropes are easier to untangle than steel cables if you ever end up with your ropes in a twist.

Things To Be Wary Of When Using Synthetic

If you don’t own a good set of gloves, synthetic ropes can rip all of the skin off your hand if you aren’t careful, so you need to be really careful and wearing good gloves when relaying synthetic cable. Burrs also have a tendency to stick to synthetic ropes so again you need to be careful when relaying cable as the spikes from the burrs can sometimes go straight through a glove. Finally, synthetic ropes have no fire resistance to them, so they can and will burn, so be careful if using them in situations where this might become an issue.

Advantages Of Using Steel Cables

Despite the incredible advances in synthetic ropes, there are still some great reasons to use steel cables. For one they are almost half the price of synthetic ropes, so for a cheaper option that can still do the trick, steel cables are a good move. Steel cables are also great as far as abrasion resistance goes and when lowering a vehicle, some say steel cables have better shock resistant qualities.

Disadvantages To Using Steel Cables

Using steel cables can be quite a lot of work, as they need to be lubricated, cleaned and maintained regularly if you hope for them to last a decent length of time. The extra weight of steel cables is also a big factor as they add a lot of weight and bulk to your vehicle.

Both synthetic ropes and steel cables certainly have their time and their place to shine, though when all things are considered, you and your 4WD will likely be better off with synthetic ropes on your winch. Synthetic ropes allow you to keep your vehicle as light and manoeuvrable as possible while still having the ability to do some recovery work, so for your best all round performance, choose synthetic.

I've also read that steel cables are better for heat dissipation from the winch drum, especially winches that have the brake inside the drum.

maybe ill let you be the test run jason lol , i have a tjm bar i dunno if it will fit ...

maybe ill let you be the test run jason lol , i have a tjm bar i dunno if it will fit ...

I emailed Paul from Tigerz last night and asked him if the 12000LB Grande would fit the T15 Bar, he said no problems.

Latest posts

Back