tigerz winch info needed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do the tigerz have the adjustable clutch case? Need it so lever isn't in the radiator fan or intercooler...

Do the tigerz have the adjustable clutch case? Need it so lever isn't in the radiator fan or intercooler...

Before I was aware of the wholesale Tigerz11 web site I asked a local 4x4 shop that exact question and they said that they normally had to remove the end (12 bolts? something like that) then rotate it so that the lever was easily accessible.

That comment was in relation to the earlier Hercules winch (which is what I've got) not the later Grande winch.

yes they do.

I think there is a thread that was posted only the other day where someone had just fitted one, and it that post they said how they had to align the clutch.

ive got a rough idea on how to rotate the gearbox, does anyone know how to rotate the motor 90degrees so the terminals are facing upwards?

After having mine apart on the weekend, I think it might be possible. There is 3 parts to the motor, the square plate that the cross bars bolt to, the round motor housing with the terminals and the round end plate. There are 2 long cap head bolts that bolt all 3 parts together, the 2 bolts pass between the gaps in the 4 stator magnets, that are attached to the inside of round motor housing. So Im thinking that you should be able to past the bolts through the different gaps to get the terminal position you are after. As I said at the start "I think" haha hope this helps. Glenn

i wouldnt worry about rotating the motor too much, but if you go to the tigerz11 website there is a link to a video on how to rotate the gearbox.

rotating the gearbox (on the hercules at least) is straight forward (watch the video). It has 10 equal positions, so cant do exactly 90deg, but close enough.

Waiting for payday then I'll have to order one of these bad boys I think. Hope it fits with the intercooler in there....

so i fitted my hercules winch today but have hit a snag with mounting the control box, cant put it on the back of the winch as intended with the brackets on the control box, what have you guys done to get around this? dont really want to extend the cables but i will if i have to i guess

so i fitted my hercules winch today but have hit a snag with mounting the control box, cant put it on the back of the winch as intended with the brackets on the control box, what have you guys done to get around this? dont really want to extend the cables but i will if i have to i guess

doesnt fit aye? thought that might be the case.

what have you guys done to get around this? dont really want to extend the cables but i will if i have to i guess

My control box is mounted to the top of the flat middle section of my bull bar between my driving lights *shrug*.

I don't do much deep water and if I have to then I can always drag out the water bra.

yeah im not real keen on havin it on the outside of the bullbar but might be the way to go???

yeah im not real keen on havin it on the outside of the bullbar but might be the way to go???

I have mine there, and so far no probs at all even after deep mud holes, water crossings with water as high as the bonnet.
Its easy to get too and most bullbars have the holes ready for the angled bracket to bolt straight on.

Edit: If you are concerned about someone tampering with it you can run a on/off switch either in the cab or under the bonnet.
I think Thats what Old Tony has done, but not 100% on that.

Last edited:
That's where mine is, only just fit between the lights without touching them.

My Grande came with an isolator built into the cable near the positive battery terminal.

IMG_6595Medium.jpg

Latest posts

Back