tigerz winch info needed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got it sorted today, put it behind the winch sort of, moved the horn and cut the centre lower mount off the grill and took that mount off the centre support bracket too

Hey mate, I've got a Northside 4x4 from mount. There are pics in the engine section. I hope a winch fits now.

ah yea, i think you should be right. pretty sure dave has a similar type intercooler and a winch.

you got any pics?

i will take some tomorrow and put them up, not the greatest work ive done lol but itll do me, seems to work good, hooked it up to the patrol at home and winched the nav up a decent hill and all good

Fitted my 12000lb hercules up to my new nissan winch bar over the wkend.

Mounted the control box in front of the grill, 2 of the cables running to the winch motor are too bloody short by a few inches, bloody annoying.

Rotated the Gearbox, easy. Had a look at rotating the motor, ended up pulling the whole motor apart then putting it back togeather. Left it in the same position as it was in. Where the 2 long bolts are that hold the motor to the housing there are recessed bits where you should be able to relocate the bolts to turn the motor 90degrees but they arent drilled out. They could be drilled out to enable rotating but I though bugger it and just put it back togeather.

Im starting to think now that I should have done it, the cables may have just reached if the motor was rotated.

Ill probably just go and get some new cables, will save removing the winch from the bar and pulling the winch apart again.

I also drilled a few new holes in the bar and the mount brackets to suit the body lift i did a while back. But I'm yet to fit up to the truck, bars bloody heavy, might sling it up to the front end loader to lift it up while i bolt it on.

I reckon the mounting brackets look a bit flimsy for a winch to be pulling from, the standard alloy bars brackets are a lot bigger and thicker. Maybe it is adequate but I would have designed it stronger. And they are only held on by 4x m10 bolts and 2x m12 bolts, I dont think its that much considering the weight of the bar and the force when winching.

Last edited:
Photos when it's done? Particularly behind the grill if you could pretty please? Still concerned about room with I/c there

After a bit of mucking around, I got the bar and winch fully fitted.
Had to lift the bar suit the bodylift, make some mods to the control box brackets to fit the nissan bracket, extend a couple of power cables for the winch and also stripped a captive nut, ended up drilling out and retapping to m12x 1.25 thread.

Pix, theres not much chance of fitting an xr6 intercooler in there with the winch. Anyone want an xr6 intercooler?
Theres a pic of behind the grill.
Pic of the bar is in my bodylift thread.

I'll be leaving the IC idea for the time being, but i think one of the 280x300mm core IC on ebay should fit in there pretty nicely, the same way as the aseturbo ICs but the outlets are slightly differently positioned.

Attachments

• 100_0794.JPG
    100_0794.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 151
Just thought id add this for anyone wondering how water proof there tigerz winch is. Mine was left submerged under water over night. (Dont ask how or why, long story :banghead::banghead:) But i just pulled mine apart to see how much water was in it. And to my suprise there was actually not that much considering. Id say a few tablesoons at most. But definetly not waterproof as they say. And was good to see a fair amount of greese inside it also.

Latest posts

Back