tigerz winch info needed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah im sold, thanks for thats info on rope vs cable jason, jus gotta get my dints fixed first lol, whats the difference between the grande and hercules?

Bigger motor and longer warranty from what I can see, think the control box is a bit heavier duty as well.

the hercules is the older model from 08. It uses the older style solenoids and not the thompson solenoid. It also has the old style braking system whereas the new one is more refined in every way. Warranty is 1yr on winch and 6 months on the control box for hercules whereas it is 5 years and 2 years for the grande. I did hear somewhere you had to get it serviced yearly to keep the 5 yr warranty but dunno how true that part is.

With these winches does the control box fit under the bullbar or on top. I'm hoping for underneath.

i doubt you will get it underneath. Can put it anywhere under the bonnet if you feel like extending the cables and have the room for it. This goes for any winch really not just the tigerz

I have the new type fitted to my xrox bar and it is awesome, it got a flogging on Sunday and did it no dramas at all. I am working on relocating my control box into the engine bay and fitting in cab controls.

Here is a vid of it in action yesterday
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqWaVBW59mk&list=UUXDFos-k1d2RZn4_YXOG7mw&index=17&feature=plcp[/YT]

Have just been told by my local 4x4 mech that runva are comparable in quality and price but have better warranty? Just thought I'd let you all know,

i have a 12000lb tigerz winch and for $775 including postage i'd say you cant go wrong, it came with a 5 yr warranty and as long as its serviced once a year it remains valid, the amount of good reviews i've heard on forums, word of mouth and from magazines i dont think you can go wrong for the price and its 12000lb!!!! check out some of the youtube clips, they put the winches through some serious torture. only thing i have heard that could be a problem is that if water does get into the clutch or brake it cant escape due to it having supposed 100% water proof seals, although i'm sure if you give it some moderate use it would heat up and dissipate

does anyone know if you need a offset hawse on the standard d22 winch bar to run a rope winch?

Has anyone found a list of local service agents any where?

steve hobbs aka mr tigerz11 told me that any 4wd outlet or "respectable" hyundai dealership (my old work) would be fine for servicing. i'd prob choose your local 4wd mob though as i've never seen a terracan in a situation needing a winch :)

Just look at your bull bar. If the cut out for your winch has bolt holes in line with it you dont need offset hawse. If the bolt holes are below the cut out you will need offset hawse

has anybody put a tigerz hawse on their factory winch bar? wondering if they bolt straight on or need to be modified somewhat because the cut out seems big to suit the roller fairlead, also where does the number plate get relocated to?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back