2014 Muster - Date Location and Info

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is an amazing track. You look at it on the TV and just can't appreciate how steep it is in sections.

To get out and take the picture below, I had to have the vehicle in park, hand brake on, and engage the trailer brakes so the vehicle stayed put - otherwise it just wanted to roll down the hill. Picture is just off Skyline entering the Esses.

attachment.php

Attachments

• B 02 - Coming Off Skyline.jpg
    B 02 - Coming Off Skyline.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 103
HAHAHAHA I think they put cameras there so I'd be a little cautious.
I did a lap once at Bathurst, it was the night before the race, as I zigzagged my way up the hill realised how hard it would be to drive at the speed they do, I lost it a few times on the way around, but always managed to recover just in time and and keep going.
Just for the record it's a lot longer track when walking after several softies. Think I walked twice the distance considering I couldn't walk a straight line if I tried.

I was fortunate enough to be a passenger in a race prepared A9X driven by a professional driver late one afternoon quite a few years ago now
even at 70% (as he described it, I thought he was flat out) I still shake when I think of coming up to skyline and feeling the arse end go light as he tried to pull it up, and the noise going up mountain straight will stay with me forever
these days I will stick to the speed limit, but I will get there in bout 2.3 seconds:3gears:
stop...repeat

I had a mate with a genuine A9X with logbooks 70k on the clock, he traded 20years ago for 12k. And a relative with a xy gt sold for 20k. If only we knew then......

Looks like we have a proceeds winner!' Yay for them. Worthy cause.
Do we have a rough guesstimate of how many vehicles attending Sparra??

Meeting tamorra night but I think we have 25ish cars so far
There are a few paying on the day so we should have 30 roughly
Are we there yet

Going down the coast to get the camper this weekend to get it ready!
Any more detail on the 'events' at all?
Trying to decide on the 4wding or the touring- at this stage the missus might be sitting it out in the camper as she doesn't like the more challenging stuff.

We should be arriving late Friday morning, only coming from Campbelltown.

Going down the coast to get the camper this weekend to get it ready!
Any more detail on the 'events' at all?
Trying to decide on the 4wding or the touring- at this stage the missus might be sitting it out in the camper as she doesn't like the more challenging stuff.

We should be arriving late Friday morning, only coming from Campbelltown.

The day trip wont be anything extreme at all mate, there will be plenty of chicken tracks for the few places where it is harder, I tried to plan a trip that will cater for everyone and all sorts of cars.
we will see some great country and stop at some top lookouts and a few waterfalls.

The sunday morning Navkhana is just around the corner from camp and will be able to be watched from a few locations, again its nothing extreme just a few minutes for each car and a bit of fun before we draw the monster raffle.

We will have a chat Friday arvo early evening to let everyone know what the plan is.

The day trip wont be anything extreme at all mate, there will be plenty of chicken tracks for the few places where it is harder, I tried to plan a trip that will cater for everyone and all sorts of cars.
we will see some great country and stop at some top lookouts and a few waterfalls.

The sunday morning Navkhana is just around the corner from camp and will be able to be watched from a few locations, again its nothing extreme just a few minutes for each car and a bit of fun before we draw the monster raffle.

We will have a chat Friday arvo early evening to let everyone know what the plan is.

So keen! Can't wait for next weekend!

just spoke to the caves kiosk
there is NO mobile service
Telstra customers will get reception approx. 4ks away
there is a public payphone onsite
In the words of the lovely lass who I spoke to..." it will do you all the world of good to put the bloody things down for a weekend"

Is there a location for the harder off road enthusiast??
No phone for 4 days....mmmm.....NNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!! Haha Bugga

steve
I can almost guarantee Nathan will have hard tracks mapped out, he will also have chicken tracks and or detours in place
something for everyone....except falcon drivers

Last edited:
steve

I can almost guarantee Nathan will have hard tracks mapped out, he will also have chicken tracks and or detours in place

something for everyone....except falcon drivers

I have little doubt that's the case. Ok Nath come a in handy sometimes.
Those bloody Falcon drivers they can do the bottle'o and food runs for us. See they are good for something. ;)

Latest posts

Back