Air Locker Group Buy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well maybe if you guys had more realistic pricing people would buy your products and not import copy's.... And intellectual property ? So does that mean the guy who first designed a pencil can sue every one else who produces pencils that look similar ? ARB pull your heads in your pricing your selves out of the market so either deal with it or sell things at reasonable prices. But hey that's just my thoughts and opinions.

Too farking right mate!! Check my entire truck and recovery gear, not one piece of ARB there. Ridiculous pricing.

Too farking right mate!! Check my entire truck and recovery gear, not one piece of ARB there. Ridiculous pricing.

I don't know the the workings of how to run a successful business,etc, but I would have thought that if you have a "great" product & a good rep, that if u price it at a reasonable price (not necessary as cheap as your competitors - but within reason) then u would in the end sell more and come out ahead.... then selling your product at the top end of the price market and only selling a few....

Being double the price rules it out for the avg person and therefore they miss out on any sales. If they had a reasonable price on them, I would bet most people would buy them over the cheaper ones, but not at the current double the price....

I also understand the wages / set up costs, etc here in Australia, but still 2x the cost?? Prior to the internet & the ability to buy overseas, we had always been charged a premium for the things we buy, but now with the ability to buy o/s then the local businesses start jumping up/down saying they can't compete..... They should have looked after their customers in the 1st place and not tried to charge them huge prices....then the customers may has stayed loyal to them...... karma

only my thoughts though

I don't know the the workings of how to run a successful business,etc, but I would have thought that if you have a "great" product & a good rep, that if u price it at a reasonable price (not necessary as cheap as your competitors - but within reason) then u would in the end sell more and come out ahead.... then selling your product at the top end of the price market and only selling a few....

Being double the price rules it out for the avg person and therefore they miss out on any sales. If they had a reasonable price on them, I would bet most people would buy them over the cheaper ones, but not at the current double the price....

I also understand the wages / set up costs, etc here in Australia, but still 2x the cost?? Prior to the internet & the ability to buy overseas, we had always been charged a premium for the things we buy, but now with the ability to buy o/s then the local businesses start jumping up/down saying they can't compete..... They should have looked after their customers in the 1st place and not tried to charge them huge prices....then the customers may has stayed loyal to them...... karma

only my thoughts though

It also does not help that the staff get a sense of "superiority" either. I rang up about a few things, one in particular a space case. The woman on the phone laughed when I said I could get it cheaper, followed by "well ours are ARB ones".
Well no, I looked and they were pelican space case, the same as what I bought elsewhere, for $85 cheaper.

I think they survive off the people who buy a new vehicle, drive in and say "fit everything", for no reason other then to say its all ARB gear.

I used to support my ARB, but after the best bloke left, and a few conversations like above, I now go elsewhere.

Well I have called at peters and Moore bank arb trying to get a new bash plate that attached to the bull bar the plate they can get me for $30 which I thought was reasonable but then for a mounting kit they tell me I need to buy a whole new bar ! Then at peters said they will sort it out for me but after several conversations it got thrown in the to hard basket. I also ordered a roof rack for my patrol over 12 months ago was told a 6 week wait and what do you know after 12 weeks they could not find the paper work ! As far as I'm concerned they can eat a fat one. Even there lockers are shit any way always had air leaks and seals goin on them. Hello e locker best thing in the world.

Another point that I have seen made is that you can buy a arb locker out of the state's and have it shipped back over cheaper then you can buy one for by driving down to your local arb centre.

Sam Boden
Online Communications Manager
ARB 4x4 Accessories

Hey Sam, wanna comment on the rumor that came out on radio this afternoon that ARB have already offloaded and are offloading more staff from Kilsyth and moving as much as possible offshore, or have you been one of the ones who lost their job?

Suppose it's a move to keep those already low prices even lower and competitive in the market.

Awe don't say that, Sam wont answer me if he thinks I'm just being a smart arse!

Hey Sam, wanna comment on the rumor that came out on radio this afternoon that ARB have already offloaded and are offloading more staff from Kilsyth and moving as much as possible offshore, or have you been one of the ones who lost their job?

Suppose it's a move to keep those already low prices even lower and competitive in the market.

Hi Krafty, nup still here and no jobs have been moved offshore.

This rumour is 100% incorrect.

We were contacted by 3AW in Melbourne wishing to confirm a claim by one of their listeners that we were moving our manufacturing to the Philippines. After speaking with us directly, the rumour was dismissed on air shortly afterwards.

ARB have finishing facilities in most states, however our largest manufacturing plant is at Kilsyth Melbourne and employs many hundreds of people. It runs 24 hours around the clock with three rolling shifts each day. ARB are proud to be an Australian manufacturer and have no intention of closing or relocating this facility. In fact, we've recently spent millions of dollars on additional machinery to increase efficiency and output in our Australian facilities. Products from Kilsyth are dispatched to all corners of Australia and the world.

ARB products can be purchased in approximately 150 countries around the world and a number of those countries do not have trade agreements with Australia, making our products very expensive there when supplied from Australia. To address this and to build export markets, we built a sister factory to Kilsyth some 7 years ago. This factory is located in Thailand and was built by ARB. It is staffed by ARB employees and managed by staff who started their ARB career at Kilsyth. Jigs and fixtures used in that factory are built at Kilsyth.

Owning a factory in Thailand not only provides a logical and economic point to deliver products into some of our export markets, it also allows ARB to work closely with vehicle manufacturers in that country such as Nissan, Mitsubishi and others.

To dismiss this latest rumour once and for all, a huge range of ARB products (Air Lockers, the vast majority of bull bars & protection equipment and our range of performance compressors to name just a few) that are used in Australia and around the world are manufactured at Kilsyth in Melbourne by Australian staff. ARB is an Australian success story and is firmly committed to Australian manufacturing.

Cheers, Sam.

I guess only time will tell how true the rumour is. With the attitude of so many ARB dealers/stockists and what appears to be an attitude from the company I'm sure they can go on forever operating in Australia and making high quality gear that everyone wants and providing such excellent customer service.

Hi Krafty, nup still here and no jobs have been moved offshore.

This rumour is 100% incorrect.

We were contacted by 3AW in Melbourne wishing to confirm a claim by one of their listeners that we were moving our manufacturing to the Philippines. After speaking with us directly, the rumour was dismissed on air shortly afterwards.

ARB have finishing facilities in most states, however our largest manufacturing plant is at Kilsyth Melbourne and employs many hundreds of people. It runs 24 hours around the clock with three rolling shifts each day. ARB are proud to be an Australian manufacturer and have no intention of closing or relocating this facility. In fact, we've recently spent millions of dollars on additional machinery to increase efficiency and output in our Australian facilities. Products from Kilsyth are dispatched to all corners of Australia and the world.

ARB products can be purchased in approximately 150 countries around the world and a number of those countries do not have trade agreements with Australia, making our products very expensive there when supplied from Australia. To address this and to build export markets, we built a sister factory to Kilsyth some 7 years ago. This factory is located in Thailand and was built by ARB. It is staffed by ARB employees and managed by staff who started their ARB career at Kilsyth. Jigs and fixtures used in that factory are built at Kilsyth.

Owning a factory in Thailand not only provides a logical and economic point to deliver products into some of our export markets, it also allows ARB to work closely with vehicle manufacturers in that country such as Nissan, Mitsubishi and others.

To dismiss this latest rumour once and for all, a huge range of ARB products (Air Lockers, the vast majority of bull bars & protection equipment and our range of performance compressors to name just a few) that are used in Australia and around the world are manufactured at Kilsyth in Melbourne by Australian staff. ARB is an Australian success story and is firmly committed to Australian manufacturing.

Cheers, Sam.

Vast majority ? So that means some products are made in Thailand and sold in Australia ? What products ?

Vast majority ? So that means some products are made in Thailand and sold in Australia ? What products ?

Hi Dean, products made in our Thai plant are used predominantly to cater for vehicles for which there are strong overseas markets or export only markets like US spec vehicles.

From and Australian market point of view, roof rack cages and a range of canopy windows are currently made in our Thai plant. From time to time, when we require additional capacity, we also utilise the Thai plant for a range of bull bars and rear bars, the jigs for which are made in Australia. The vast majority of products sold in Australia are manufactured at our Kilsyth Head Office.

It's important to note that the Thai facility is 100% owned and run by ARB. The same quality systems, plant and machinery, state of the art processes and procedures apply to both Thailand and Australia.

There are regular visits from Head Office staff including Management, Engineering, Production and Design Engineering staff, and we are in hourly communication with staff there by phone and email.

We have 100% control over the materials, processes and quality of the product manufactured in Thailand. It's certainly not a third party manufacturing arrangement.

Cheers, Sam.

G'day sam,

Was just wondering as you have a plant in thailand that is handy as it is close to some of the car factories over there, howcome i cant seem to get a set of brushrails and steps to suit my thai bulit D40? I would of thought that with the high amout of thai built D40's on the road that ARB would of been all over it.

Im not being a smart ass or anything, its a genuine question as i am having a bit of trouble finding a decent looking substituteof rail and step to match up to the ARB deluxe bar up front.

Cheers, Mick.

G'day sam,

Was just wondering as you have a plant in thailand that is handy as it is close to some of the car factories over there, howcome i cant seem to get a set of brushrails and steps to suit my thai bulit D40? I would of thought that with the high amout of thai built D40's on the road that ARB would of been all over it.

Im not being a smart ass or anything, its a genuine question as i am having a bit of trouble finding a decent looking substituteof rail and step to match up to the ARB deluxe bar up front.

Cheers, Mick.

Hi Mick, we do now have a step and side rail to suit the Thai built D40.

You'll need two part numbers: 4438050 for the side rail and 4438090 for the step section.

Cheers, Sam.

Ah great news Sam, thanks for that mate. I will call arb coopers plains here Brisbane and see what they say. Thanks again mate.

Latest posts

Back