Air Locker Group Buy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting would love to have a peek at these if there a solid arb replica.
hope i didn't come across as sappy im just interested and need to know the "nitty gritty" before handing over the coin.

Some more information on the supplier. They are a large Chinese manufacturing and machining company that make many products for different accessories shops around the world the lockers could be branded how ever we liked if we ordered enough from them so they will be generically branded. The supplier makes a lot of other products from free-wheeling hubs to wheels to bumpers and flares and all sorts of recovery gear.

So there should be some more piece of mind to you knowing that.

It also appears that they use proper machined gears. and according to ARB test's these Chinese copies are still stronger then a yukon zip locker.

Last edited:
Here is a review from someone in New Zealand:
There has been alot of interest in the chinese arb clone air lockers now available. Alot of people have been waiting for someone to test one out first before trying one. As an experiment I fitted one to my Canterbury club truck 4-5 months ago and have done about a dozen tracks using this rear locker in that time. Am now happy to comment on the locker.

Found the unit easy to install and the compressor, though a little noisy, does the trick very well. Have it mounted under driver seat and a bit of sound insulation material will solve that issue.

Being selectable I only use the locker when needed, but have given it a fairly tough workout on a few rugged bits of country. Have also run it for one or two extended periods - about half hour or so.

I have found the locker to be 100% reliable. In the past have used aussie lokkas which I like, but this chinese air locker works very well and at its cheap price it creates a new selectable option for club 4wd trucks.

Have not done heavy winch challenge or competition work with it, but for club trucks and tracks I'd say it is a good option. I know of another truck with one of these units installed and it is working well also.

I think the advice to strip the locker and check and debur components first if possible is very sensible, though I didn't do this on mine.

I should mention there is a guy in chch who has imported a few of them for isuzu owners and is selling them at about cost - round 1100 I think - inclusive of compressor. He also fits them into your isuzu diffhead free, a precision job which can otherwise cost an extra $350. An EXTREMELY good deal, for isuzus only.

In all, this chinese air locker hasn't missed a beat in my club truck which is all you can ask. Just one locker tested, but from my experience I give it a thumbs up!

Another Review from the patrol forum from user heyhey:
I have a chinese one in the front, only had it 8 months, given it a pretty good flogging, machine quality is not the best, but more than sufficient, I'm not sure I would trust one in the rear, but would get one for the front again no worries. Merry Easter

More news on the warranty side of things there conditional warranty is actually very easy to meet the conditions of so as long as you haven't been flogging the ass out of the car and haven't installed it and left your sockets inside your diff you should not have a problem with the warranty. So more good news if you were worried about any warranty issues.

Now all we need is a about 5 more people to show interest and we will be on the right track.
the end date to this deal will be the 6th of April then we will be getting deposits if this goes ahead. and buyers will have a week to deposit the money or hand over the cash. If you are worried about having the whole amount up front or soonish don't worry we just need the deposit at the closing of the offer these will then take hopefully not more then 3 weeks to be put into production then shipped over then before we send out or you pick up your item we will need the full amount. So this gives you plenty of time to save for the whole item and pay off with 2 payments.

Josh

I think i said that i am interested in this product but am unable to commit on price at the moment

I think i said that i am interested in this product but am unable to commit on price at the moment

x2...... I've got some recent household bills in the mail too.... + when I add the potential cost of $650 +$50P&H to Brissie, then maybe installation cost of $200 approx, totalling $900. I might have to delay it for awhile or go for the cheaper option of an Auto locker when the time & money is right......

BTW: How many people do u have on the list ??

Guys even if you are not able to commit at the moment post up interest like Bryce has as we may have to look at extending the offer out a bit longer to get some more people interested in the gb.

Thanks Josh

So far 5 people have shown interest, 2 would commit in the near future we need to be able to shift that to 5 people commit in the near future and have potentially another 4 showing interest. I would love to get one of these in my ute however i also don't want to have 5 sitting at home waiting to get sold as it is a lot of coin just sitting there but if i know people want them that isn't a problem.

I went down to have a chat to Clint at Harts Transmissions. He's done a bit of work for me and comes highly recommended and has dealt with various brands of lockers. I asked for installation costs (drive in / drive out) & he said $495. That would make it $650 to buy; $50 postage; $500 install = $1200 total (if I did all the diff removal and took it down there then it would be $100 to install centre into diff, etc).

I got to talking to him about the ARB vs Chinese and he basically said they're identical and hard to tell them apart. He confessed that he is NOT a ARB fan as he has seen a lot of problems with the ARB Lockers; Sucking up oil into the air lines; parts failing way before they should, etc. He went on to say if I don't believe him, then just google it to find the results.....

I then mentioned the Air Lockers vs Autolockers nad he said bang for buck.... go the Autolocker in the front, simple, less to go wrong, etc.
Having Autolockers in my Zook, I think this is the way I'll go for the front at least and leave the rear as is.....

In the end, each to their own but at the moment, I can't justify (or afford) upwards of $1200 for a installed Air Locker.... I'll just keep saving my pennies until the time is right.....

Same boat
very interested, its either the auto locker or this locker, however im saving for a after market turbo, The locker is the final mod.
if there wasn't a dead line i would more then likely go this locker as i can get it installed for free however this is not the case so i guess its going to be the auto unless things change.

The dead line was setup to bring it to the same time frame as another group buy on a different forum for the locker supplier. However if it is a case of a definitive yes but some time in the not to distant track i may have to say no time frame, deal will have to be setup when it suits everyone. The only problem with this is costs may vary, I don't think they will but it is a possibility. So did you want me to just leave this open and come back to it once a week or once a month?

Thanks Josh

Sorry SpyroD40 at the moment im only trying to get this together for D22 front diffs at the moment i will check with the supplier when i next contact them to see if they have D40 in production yet if so it will be easy to purchase if not will need to do a minimum order of 10 to have them put into production

Ok I was contacted by arb them selves and told basically to not bring these in other wise they would be pursuinglegal action against me so this probably not going to go ahead now. Sorry to say that Josh.

hey mate, why would they be taking legal action.

i reckon they're bullsh###ing.

Latest posts

Back