Brand new D22, Suspension noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have it serviced to confirm if its really the shock...

it could be the torsion, steering gearbox, tie rod, center link, stabilizer bushing or the wheel bearing...

To the guys who spoke about the body mounts well done.

It took Nissan 6 days to work it out..... LOL In the end I spat the dumy and wrote an email to the dealer principle explaining how angry i was with the entire situation. So they changed 3 body mounts until the noise had gone...

So its back and its perfect so I am happy. Now I can get back to planning the fit out to turn it into a great tourer.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Ben..

Good to hear you got it sorted (finally) For those who have a similar noise, try loosening the body bolts first as they will have been loc-tite-ed in. Once you break the seal, remove the old lok-tite and add a small amount of grease and re tighten to specs.

i have the same noise in mine wights traralgon told me it was my tyres i think that is bullshit mine is 2010 alloy bar 265 75 cooperst tyres

Tyres won't make any difference. Try the above ^ and see how you go.

Hi Guys,
I have an identical problem to Ben. I have an 2009 STR and this front right noise (and vibration through the floor) has been occuring since around last September (around 15,000km's on the clock). It is a very defined thumping/knocking noise and it varies in intensity and loudness depending on speed, amount of left turn, and surface. Generally the faster the wheel moves up/down, the more severe the noise and vibration through the floor.
It's now done 35,000km's and went back to Liverpool Nissan yesterday - for the 3rd time - but they still can't find a problem. Check wheel bearings, tighten body mounts, check torsion bars, check brakes, grease this and that etc. But to no avail, very frustrating. Their next step is to contact Nissan's technical dept - still waiting for a response.
My biggest concern it that if something eventually fatigues/breaks, I'll have an accident or be stranded off-road somewhere.
There seems to be a few forums with similiar issues so I'm assuming that someone, somewher knows the answer.

Cheers,
Geoff.

Silver str ask them to assess all the body mounts. They don't look broken until the bolts are undone and they fall out. As Nissan springwood told me after the 3rd time back. The 09 d22 body mounts are made from poor quality material. Hit them up bout replacing them it stopped my thumping noise and its been fine since then. Fixed at 15000 now done 35000 with no issues.

Goodluck

My 2010 D22 just started making this noise last week..It goes in for its 1st service next week,I will get them to have a look.

Well the car went in today...I was told the jack was loose behind the back seat.So all good now:mad:: I told them I wasn't a child and wasn't confused where the noise was coming from.So I have to take it back when Ive got more time to find a road where the suspension will knock and take the manager for a drive or fix it myself.Can someone direct me to where the body mount bolts are so I can have a look.I really CBF dealing with them if its a easy fix

cheers

Well, last week Nissan replaced both front right hand body mounts and sadi they couldn't reproduce the problem. All good........................until I drove around the block and guess what...........nothing was fixed.
Took the service manager around the block to show how bloody simple it is to reproduce the noise/vibration.
It's back there now (5th time and getting a wee bit pi55ed) and Nissan have advised to start looking at control arm / suspension bushes.
Will let you know the outcome.

Cougars,
There are 4 front body mounts - 2 on each side of the vehicle.
1. At the very front just behind the front bumper.
2. Underneath the front of the front doors, right where the door meets the fender.

Cheers,

Hi All
I've got 2010 STR, factory steel bull bar, 9000km. at about 7000km started experiencing the same knock / rattle on right hand bends over light bumps.

Silver STR - keen to hear the outcome of your experiences.

thanks

chalk up another one. My D22 has done 13,000km and has had this noise for a little while now. Finally got the chance to take it back to the dealer (Chano Trentin at Atherton FNQ) and to their credit, they came for a drive with me and sussed out the drivers side body mount, just below the pillar between the doors, has broken. They have ordered a new one, gets fitted next week. Bob

Hey guys, i have had a similar problem with a clunking thumping sound in the right hand front end of my 2010 D22 with factory steel bar. I will do some more road testing but since i uprgaded my suspension last week it seems to have gone. i cant believe the difference in the ute with the new stuff under neath, it is so much better and actually performs as it should.
i think that my knocking was the bump stops hitting as there was only about 5mm gap and you could pull it tight by hanging off the bar.

i have 2010 d22 it does the same taken it back 3 times they tell me im dreamin

Hi everyone,
I have a 2010 D22 with the exact same issue. It's booked in for all front body mounts to be replaced tomorrow...Hope it resolves the problem!

Of those of you that have had them replaced, has it fixed the issue permanently?

Cheers,
BB

Hi everyone,
I have a 2010 D22 with the exact same issue. It's booked in for all front body mounts to be replaced tomorrow...Hope it resolves the problem!

Of those of you that have had them replaced, has it fixed the issue permanently?

Cheers,
BB

I had my body mounts replaced after 1000kms and its been fine but i'm coming up to 18k now and the noise has started to come back.

Sounds like they just replaced them with the same crappy quality body mounts that failed in the first place. I'm hoping when I take it in for the 20k service they're not going to try knock my warranty claim back because I've since fitted a lift kit.

Thx Fzrr...Just got my car back from Nissan after replacing all the body mounts and seems to have fixed the issue...hopefully permanently, time will tell I guess!

Hey Guys,
Also have a 2010 D22, after only a 1000km's i had the vibration from front drivers side. I took it back to the dealer in Brisbane and the serviceman told me it is a issue with the D22 with the body mounts, he "Said" he replaced it but when i picked it back up it just vibrated again heading down the road, the following day i was driving to Newcastle so i couldn't afford another day in the service dept. I took it to Klosters in Newcastle (never buying a car from that bunch) cause thats where i am based atm and they were pretty much pathetic! I explained that it was the body mounts, and they came to the conclusion it was the suspension and shipped up a new part from sydney, picked it up to find it just knocked again, obviously they dont test drive the vehicles!! I ended up sending Nissan Australia an email explaining that no-one gives a crap, well their response was basically "just take it back to the dealer" wiping their hands clean.
If this is a known issue why cant the dealers pin point this and stop wasting our time!

So has anyone in Brisbane had a dealer replace the body mounts recently? First time I had them done was with Highway Nissan after 1000kms and they didn't argue but they've since handed in their Nissan license.

I have to find somewhere else to take it now for its 20k service and also to get the body mounts fixed again as the knock is back with a vengeance. I don't want to be arguing the point with a new dealer and it would be nice to go somewhere that knows about the issue already.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back