Brand new D22, Suspension noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So has anyone in Brisbane had a dealer replace the body mounts recently? First time I had them done was with Highway Nissan after 1000kms and they didn't argue but they've since handed in their Nissan license.

I have to find somewhere else to take it now for its 20k service and also to get the body mounts fixed again as the knock is back with a vengeance. I don't want to be arguing the point with a new dealer and it would be nice to go somewhere that knows about the issue already.

Have you tried Ian Boettchers in Bundamba? Not sure on your location either. There is s Nissan at Windsor area aswell

I'm at Springwood so it looks like the closest ones for me are either Moorooka or Wynnum but would be good to know what dealers people have had no issues getting the body mounts replaced under warranty.

I am on the Gold Coast using Von Bibra Southport/Robina. It did take some initial persistance to get them to acknowledge the body mount problem, but I've never had any problems with getting warranty work done. Warranty work to date:
Firstly had some large spots of underbody rust (from delivery) repaired, and then the body mounts done - all under warranty at Southport.
Then had a shock absorber mount break away from the body - repaired under warranty at Robina.
Currently booked in to have a broken air selector (internal) fixed and, as I said, getting a bit suss on the body mounts again...

I'm at Springwood so it looks like the closest ones for me are either Moorooka or Wynnum but would be good to know what dealers people have had no issues getting the body mounts replaced under warranty.

There's a Keema Nissan on Logan rd @ Mt gravatt. Never dealt with them for anything else except for spare parts.

Good luck

Got it booked in at Moorooka Nissan for its 20k service and they're going to look at the body mounts while its in there. We'll see what they say and if they try and blame it on the lift kit.

Just as an update I took it to Moorooka Nissan and the service was great and the 2 inch lift didn't concern them. They knew about the body mount problems on the D22's already and said they will elongate the hole as well as replace the body mount to stop the problem happening again as the bolt in mine had actually bent because it didn't quite line up.

Also had the starter motor replaced under warranty as it was making a strange noise for a second after startup like you'd held the key for to long.

yeah elongating holes isnt really the answer. a mates panel shop has just had a d22 come in nissan have replaced the body mounts a heap of times under warranty and now the cab has actually seperated from the floor at the bottom of the back wall. there is probably a 15mm gap easily. at first glance it looks like the mount on the chassis is not put on straight they both angle towards the outside of the vechile putting pressure on the mounts and the body. It may not be the cause of all the body mount issues but if they felt they should elongate holes in the body or chassis it is quiet possibly the cause of yours.

Latest posts

Back