Brisbane random chat

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joke of the day:

A Department of Water Resources representative stops at a Lockyer
Valley farm and talks with an old farmer.

He tells the farmer, I need to inspect your farm for your water allocation.

The old farmer says, 'Okay, but don't go in that paddock over there.

The Water representative says, 'Mister, I have the authority of the
Federal Government with me. See this card? This card means I am
allowed to go WHEREVER I WISH on any agricultural land. No questions
asked or answered. Have I made myself clear? Do you understand?'

The old farmer nods politely and goes about his work.

Later, the old farmer hears loud screams and spies the Water Rep
running for his life and close behind is the farmer's bull. The bull is gaining with every step.
The Rep is clearly terrified, so the old farmer immediately throws down his tools,
runs to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs.....
'Your card! Show him Your card!

:dance3:

hi all
Pretty new here myself, I am at Auchenflower, work at Boondall
Sounds like all you guys use your 4x4 the same as me, nice and easy, no damage needed
I have only had my D22 for 12 months, been to Teewah, Peachtrees, Rover Park, Mt Mee, Fraser, Bribie and Condamine (great day trip) - had camper trailer since Dec and love getting out and away every opportunity we can, only trouble is I seem to conjoure up rain by just thinking of camping LOL

Do majority of my trips with a club called The Motley Crew, family oriented, love camping, fishing and of course 4wding - if you would like more info drop me a line

Cheers
Boxxy

I kinda hoped you wouldn't take it out this weekend Brisbanite. It would have been a hell of an introduction to camper trailers but the driving at LCP would have been something else. :)

Yeah we'd like a nice dry weekend for our first one. I spent the weekend putting new springs, fishplates and U bolts on the camper anyway, took out the old 4 packs and put in 5 packs. One of the original leaves had snapped, got about an inch lift out of it ha ha.

Yeah thats the shame of it all. If only we could all afford a weekend bash car that we just take out and not care about, just to have fun in, how good would that be?

I too would like to do a bit more but then I have to thinbk about getting to work on Mondays

I nearly crashed my truck today, hit a diesel spill and went for a big slide heading straight for an oncoming truck. The kids thought it was great that they got some drift action on the way home from school, I had to clean my jocks out hahaha

Yeah we'd like a nice dry weekend for our first one. I spent the weekend putting new springs, fishplates and U bolts on the camper anyway, took out the old 4 packs and put in 5 packs. One of the original leaves had snapped, got about an inch lift out of it ha ha.

Which leaf broke? Not the main one I hope. Was that the reason you changed the springs or did you just find it when you swapped?

No it was the second from the bottom (so the second shortest), I changed the springs after I found it. The piece that was missing looked like it was about 6 inches long on the forward facing side.

hey matt. yeah i;m from brisbane too Moorooka. also looking forward too getting out and about with some of you guys. coming from bundaberg have done a bit of 4wdin up there but dont know anyone with 4wds down here sooo wouldn mind taggin along if any of guys dont mind. been to landcruiser and had a ball but haven taken navara there yet.

I played skirmish this arvo, bloody hard work that is! It showed me how unfit I am!

Should have a few nice bruises to show for my trouble tommorrow.

Now: got a few Boags St George in the fridge and moto GP is about to start, good times!

Can anyone tell me anywhere around Brisbane I can take my kids to ride their 50cc quad?

Thanks

Hi guys, This is my first post.
Just wondering of some good bush camping close to Brisbane. I have a three Sons and a Dog, and like to get out and about. I haven't lived in Brissy long and don't know the greater area too well. Any suggestions I would love to hear them. the more the better.
FYI. I Just have the standard D22 '05 STR.
P.S the Dog can stay at home with the wife if not welcome in some area's or parks.

Welcome mate.

There are a few 4wd parks close that have facilities as well.
Scenic rim adventure Park
City view (I think that's what it's called)
Landcruiser park (about 2 hours away)

Otherwise there are some campground at Mt Mee, neerum creek, probably lots more.

A great investment is the 'Dirty weekends in S E Qld' book. It has got loads of destinations, directions and info.

Cheers
Matt

Hey all. Had the nav for lil while now. If you wanna check out mods on my car or even see my sexc previous ride Hehe check out my thread under RustyNavs Slow Buildup.

I am from Boronia Heights area and my 4wd offroading is very lil. I don't like going on my own cause i know I'll get stuck. Have been Pine Forest on waterford-beenleigh rd, bribe once and some 4wd course. I have brand new muds and rims but they haven't been used for the purpose they were purchased for.

It's just me and my wife no kids. Looking to get out more often it and depends on the day.

Cheers
Rusty

I'm keen to get my new patrol out for a play too so I will post something up as soon as life settles down a bit. Too bloody busy!

Same with me Matt, we all have to get another run done REAL SOON. I still want to do another overnighter while winter is still here, love camping in the cold.

What were you doing up posting at 4.44am Anthony?? It was minus 3 at our place at that time!

You at Boronia Heights Rusty?? We're just down the road at Munruben.

Latest posts

Back