Camp cooking equipment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forget gas bottles

Coleman dual fuel. 5litres of unleaded fuel ran it easy for 3 weeks in the out back. Coleman oven on top and hot plate covers all those times when campfires we love aren't possible.
Like my new little BBQ the Cadac Safari Chef, great for those road side lunches, couple of coleman disposable gas cylinders.
Also carry a camp oven and folding hot plate for those open camp fires

Yeah those cadac bbqs are shit goods. we sell them at work they cook awsome best bbq ive ever cooked on. just check your gas hoses where it connects to the bbq but we had one come back last week must have had a leak and it caught fire and burnt the front of it. will be replaced under warranty but

Bump, because my Aldi BBQ shit itself after being dropped and just no good. Looking for somthing new before Fraser in December.

Or one of those cadac bbqs mentioned above they are so good to cook on bit pricey but worth it. also here great things about the webber baby q and other webber products actually wish our camp store could stock them but bbq galore does the bastards

qqc d22 said:
Or one of those cadac bbqs mentioned above they are so good to cook on bit pricey but worth it. also here great things about the webber baby q and other webber products actually wish our camp store could stock them but bbq galore does the bastards

Can you get a flat plate for the q100?

With webbers the thing to keep in mind is cheaper shops have the lower lids. I believe the more upmarket stores (not bcf or rays) have a higher dome lid and i think the temp gauge in the lid as standard.

Ill check that plate for you fatboy and your spot on dave bcf and rays both demand supplier to make things to there standard specifically for them to cut costs. bcf do a black wolf tent that no other store can match the price of because it is only made for them. they are crap in quality compared to most black wolf tent but are much cheaper. company like black wolf fold to the pressure of big places like bcf due to the volume of shit they buy. this happens with a lot of products in the camping industry and sucks but thats the way of the world. that is why bcf will have a smaller lid on there webbers cause they have demanded it to be made cheaper to give them a bigger profit margin. they also get the luxury of buying stuff like 9kg gas bottles dirt cheap cause they buy so many and dictate to gasmate what they will paying for them. bunnings sell 9kg gas bottles for .25cents cheaper than most store buy them for at wholesale without gst added.:/ its fucked really

Sorry i thought you were talking about the cadac bbq not webber we dont do webber whoever im pretty sure thay do do a flat plate it called premium griddle usually about $69.95 hope that helps

Not trying to sell you something here but check out the cadac safari they are dearer at about $400 from memory we dont have any in stock atm but it comes with a tonne of different plates grills woks etc.. that said baby q probly is a bit better as you dont have to dissasemble it at all to put it away but yeah have a look anyway

Yeah I've looked at them. I'll go the baby q anywys as I have heard great things bout them

my trio of liquid fuel stove(MSR & 2 Optimus) badly need major overhauls).

They need servicing straight out the box don't they? And there is nothing like the sound of an MSR being fired up in camp to ruin the ambiance one might expect after walking for days to get away from the crowds!:rambo:

Jason said:
You wont be disappointed. I have a flat plate for mine that sits on top of the grill and covers about 60%.

Does that plate work well?

I have the Coleman dual gas burner and the handy $20 gas cooker, used it more than more coleman

Does that plate work well?

Haven't used it yet to be honest, but it's designed for the BabyQ and made by Weber so it should be fine.

I've got this one:

6504.jpg

But you can also get this one:

981445.jpg

Yeah that second one looks good although the first one would be more handy if it worked well

simple

As well as everything else I always carry my rotisserie.
2 droppers about 3' , a spear from Bunnings and the sticko prongs- total of about $20, shovel to move coals.
Leg of venison, a few beers, rotate every minute, a handle full of lime/lemon leaves for smoke, a sharp knive to sample and a few more beers.
It really is the best

Latest posts

Back