Camp cooking equipment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get the Weber from Rays. Apparently Rays Outdoors and BCF made Weber provide different models to meet a price point lower than the normal suppliers, so go visit BBQs Galore or some place like that. You're looking for a model with a higher dome with a thermometer installed in the top, I'm told.

I bought mine from Rays. I'm not unhappy with it, but I am unhappy that I might one day rip the top off and buy the higher dome cover for it.

Old.Tony said:
Don't get the Weber from Rays. Apparently Rays Outdoors and BCF made Weber provide different models to meet a price point lower than the normal suppliers, so go visit BBQs Galore or some place like that. You're looking for a model with a higher dome with a thermometer installed in the top, I'm told.

I bought mine from Rays. I'm not unhappy with it, but I am unhappy that I might one day rip the top off and buy the higher dome cover for it.

Yeah exactly where i was going with it.
I have one place that sells the 120. (yes, with the high top and thermometre, need to be able to the roast). Joes bbqs at silverwater apparently stock them.

Weber baby Q for sure. Make sure you get the one with the roasting lid and thermometer built into lid.

Mine Baby Q goes everywhere. I'm even think of getting a fridge slide for it.

I love to cook on the open fire, We have swing away fire irons that we bring everywhere and belt into the ground.
Carry the usual camp oven, assorted pots, an ultra large steel pan and if its a long duration camp we bring our old coil hot water service that we modified to steam dim sims in the top.

Good one Fatboy !! I love my Baby Q so much I got rid of the big BBQ at home and use the Q all the time.
Cheers Brad

Nevyn said:
Good one Fatboy !! I love my Baby Q so much I got rid of the big BBQ at home and use the Q all the time.
Cheers Brad

Yeap I'm already looking at weather I should get the really plate or if those nylon sheet things will suffice.. I'll be cookin on it again tomorrow night.
Might try a roast on Saturday.

At last years muster I forgot a frypan etc and had nothing to cook my eggs on. So I used one of the drip trays, worked a treat but the eggs stuck a little. lol

I've got one sheet, I'll test it out this weekend and see how it goes. So far I'm loving the baby q. Used it again on the weekend went for a little
Picnic with the mrs and mates. Worked so well!!

Latest posts

Back