Can't get cv in.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyron

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got my diff back in, can't get passenger cv in. I put it in, spin until it grabs and the diff center is spinning with it, belt it with a big hammer but it just won't pop in.

Any tricks to it?

hit it harder but dont damage the thread on the cv, it's the circlip on the end of the shaft that stop's it my passenger side was the same. take the circlip off the shaft and see if it goes in.

Hi mate it can be very difficult, if needed, swing the hub right out the way so you can hold the cv as straight as possible. For one of mine I needed another person to hold the cv straight whilst I hit it. Screw the nut on most of the way and hit that to protect the threads.

Hi mate it can be very difficult, if needed, swing the hub right out the way so you can hold the cv as straight as possible. For one of mine I needed another person to hold the cv straight whilst I hit it. Screw the nut on most of the way and hit that to protect the threads.

Yup I needed a second person, not before a flogged the f out of the cv thread and had to cut the end off. :-\

HAHAHA love reading this, i have 2 of them to do this week, As far as i aware they have been in for the whole 160,000k`s too. Good times ahead. Any tips??

Getting them out is easy, just use a little pry bar.

If you can, have second person help put them in. One holds it straight and pushed in the other places a piece of timber on the end and gives it a big whack with a big hammer.

It's important to push it right in before hitting it so that the cv doesn't absorb the impact, also max sure the diff spins with the cv before hitting it means it's lined up. The big whack is important so it pops over the circlip instead of pushing it out of the groove.

What ever you do don't get impatient and belt the thread without timber.. I mushroomed the end and had to cut 7mm off. I'll be replacing that one and keeping as a spare.

Which circlip are you referring to?
I've replaced both of mine and not had too much drama with it...

Latest posts

Back