Cape york august 2013!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2013 Cape York Traveling Wilburys tour!!!!!!!!!!!

Possible August 2013 Cape York Traveling Wilburys list:

1. Paul (RLI) & family
2. Fat’s (fatboy89) and his missus
3. Bryan (04silverSTR)
4. Bryce
5. Gunning1987:
6. Sparra (sparra04)
7. Scott (scottybobcat)
8. Luke (luke91)
9. Nathan (lunn86)
10. Morticus
11. Case84
12. Joshman (Possible)
13. Zanick (Possible)

8 months and counting!

G'day Trendsetters! I am sorry for not keeping up to date, i have been flat-out work and health wise. I will be finally drafting up a itinerary over the Christmas holidays for you all to peruse and modify to suit everyone!

I am putting the finishing touches to my Patrol and Jayco, will post up pics soon.

Yehaa baby!!!!!!!!!!!! only 8 months to go, are we there yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay tuned!

Regards,

RLI

:rambo:

Cant wait will have both diffs locked by this time and ready to rumble! I cant wait to catch up with you all and fit names to faces.

Paul, at this stage i wont be able to make it. However, if all goes to plan, i will be taking your meat orders for your trip. I intend to buy a Butcher shop in Cairns, in which case i will cater to specific needs in terms of individual vac packaged meats and such. Not to mention there will be a discount for forum members, and i'd love to meet you all for a good drinking session before you head off. Not quite sure if its all going ahead as yet though, i will keep you all updated!

Beau.

Last edited:
we are heading off on the 7th Sept from Bundy. Going to take a month off and spend at leadst two weeks from Cairns back to Cairns doing some PDR and some telegraph track. At the moment we will have two cruiser utes and a ranger with us (others have shown interest but doubt they will commit when the time comes).

Cant wait for this, super excited.

Now all i have to do is get the nav ready.

How much fuel do we need to be able to carry?

Any other "must do" mods to make it safely there and back without damaging anything?

From what I have read the avg fuel consumption is $1000-$1600 but this is going by 6 cylinder diesels. I'm thinking long range tank plug 2x Jerry cans to be safe.

i would also like to hear from people who HAVE done the cape trip
regarding extra fuel
i plan on carrying 3 x jerry cans
that will give me a total capacity of 130 ltrs
is this enough??
cheers

Paul, at this stage i wont be able to make it. However, if all goes to plan, i will be taking your meat orders for your trip. I intend to buy a Butcher shop in Cairns, in which case i will cater to specific needs in terms of individual vac packaged meats and such. Not to mention there will be a discount for forum members, and i'd love to meet you all for a good drinking session before you head off. Not quite sure if its all going ahead as yet though, i will keep you all updated!

Beau.

G'day Beau,

All the best with the Butchers shop in Cairns! If you purchase the shop, i will definitively be buying our family's vac pack meats from you mate. Hopefully we can all get together for beer.

Regards,

Paul
:shooter:

Cant wait for this, super excited.

Now all i have to do is get the nav ready.

Any other "must do" mods to make it safely there and back without damaging anything?

G'day Bryce,

Mate, i would not bother with carrying extra fuel, the road-houses are roughly about 175 ks apart. Allows every couple of hours to have a break and let the kids run around and stretch their legs.

If we were travelling a remote out-back location then i would carry spare fuel. I just fueled up at all the BP service stations on the way up to the Cape. That way if i got any crook fuel, i had an audit trail back to BP for any possible repairs or compensation. Cheap insurance!

Regards,

RLI

2013 Cape York Traveling Wilburys tour!!!!!!!!!!!

Possible August 2013 Cape York Traveling Wilburys list:

1. Paul (RLI) & family
2. Fat’s (fatboy89) and his missus
3. Bryan (04silverSTR)
4. Bryce
5. Gunning1987:
6. Sparra (sparra04)
7. Scott (scottybobcat)
8. Luke (luke91)
9. Nathan (lunn86)
10. Morticus
11. Case84
12. Joshman (Possible)
13. Zanick (Possible)
14. Gonzo (Possible)

8 months and counting!

G'day Trendsetters!

Could all of the forum members listed above and those who a still interested in going to Cape York in August 2013. Could you please confirm ASAP. if you are definitely going or could possibly be going! The reason i ask this. Is to help provide the forum committee with numbers to help them with a date for the future muster next year.

Kind regards,

RLI

G'day Trendsetters!

I am taking from the 1st August to 30th August 2013, to travel up to the Cape and back home to Coffs Harbour.

As a guide, i am looking at meeting with everyone at Cairns either on 3 or 4th August 2013. That allows folks travelling from Victoria and New South Wales to travel safely to Cairns.

Allow between 12 to 14 days to tour up to the Cape and back to Cairns.

Allow another 3 to 4 days getting home from Cairns.

PS, allow yourself minimum 22 days, 28 days perfect.

Regards,

RLI

Yeah I can make that work. I may have a mate who is keen to tag along but he might be in a dirty old hilux

G,day Trendsetters!

Just to clarify for those of you, whom are concerned about the Navara’s off road capabilities on the Old Telegraph track, either D22 or D40 don’t be too concerned. I did it in July 2011 towing a Jayco Hawk off-road camper trailer.

IMG_0555.jpg

The worst crossing for us was the very first one Palm Creek. It was farken chewed up pretty bad, resulting in us bypassing that crossing and we headed 60 ks up the Northern bypass road until we reached the turn to Heathlands Ranger Station. Then we then back tracked through Gunshot, Dulhunty River, Alice creek and we finally camped at Ducie River.

The only crossing i got stuck on was at Canal creek on the Northern section of the Telegraph track.

IMG_0355.jpg

The most lethal crossing on the Telegraph track is Nolans! The lessons hear is quite simple, no snorkel or car bra do not attempt crossing due to the deep nature of this crossing. We witnessed two vehicles which sunk and hydraulic their engines. When we arrived at Bamaga BP service station in 2011, we were advised that 28 vehicles so far this season failed to make it across Nolan’s. When we left a week later, the figure was 30. So many dick-brains with very little grey matter between their eyes, farkem they deserved there outcomes.

All we will do Trendsetters, is let Scotty Thomas walk the crossing to distract the crocodiles while we fit a car-bra or plastic sheet and we gently cross in 2nd low creating a bow wave. Too easy, I will also have my snatch strap and winch cable at the ready to rescue Scotty!

IMG_0562.jpg

Regards,

RLI
:shooter:

Latest posts

Back