Cape york august 2013!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have added a start of an equipment list at the following site Equipment List. Feel free to comment or make comment on additions, deletions, etc. I have had to turn on moderation of comments because of spammers so if you do post a comment there I need to approve it before it appears. Or alternatively email the group email [email protected].

Jas

Last edited:
awesome stuff! I've copied the equipment list into a document for later perusal/additions/personalisations, but, i may be inclined to export as a PDF so people can have a handy copy for themselves?

is that something people might want? could that be hosted on the site as a download for the trip? or just emailed around even?

awesome stuff! I've copied the equipment list into a document for later perusal/additions/personalisations, but, i may be inclined to export as a PDF so people can have a handy copy for themselves?

is that something people might want? could that be hosted on the site as a download for the trip? or just emailed around even?

Hi mate - great idea - I can PDF it and put a link on the website!

Jas

Hey RLI, I just got back from holidays and have seen the news about a cut-off date. I have been following the thread for months but had not registered as a possible as I’m moving to Mackay and this misses is starting a new job so had to check out holidays but we now know that it’s possible and were really keen to come. So we are wondering is there a chance that we could still come or fill a spot if one of the possible pulls out?

So I've put in my leave form or holidays, and I'm taking all of August off, which should leave about a week after the proposed end of the trip to make my way home. I'm considering hanging around up north for a few days and visiting some of the sights, like chillagoe caves and undara volcanic national park, atherton table lands, etc.

Just wondering if we'd have any other vehicles wanting to do similar?

So I've put in my leave form or holidays, and I'm taking all of August off, which should leave about a week after the proposed end of the trip to make my way home. I'm considering hanging around up north for a few days and visiting some of the sights, like chillagoe caves and undara volcanic national park, atherton table lands, etc.

Just wondering if we'd have any other vehicles wanting to do similar?

Hi mate - I am off until the end of August as well so could well be interested in spending a bit more time up there. I also know that RLI is working on firming up the itinerary so there may be some options for extra days too.

Jas

G'day Trendsetters,

For all the participants for this years Cape York trip in August, grab a copy of this months 4wd action magazine No 193 "Do The Simmo or Cape on any Budget"! Great write up for touring up to the Cape! Great budget ideas, modification how much fuel to carry and finally river crossing info.

Regards,

RLI

Hay guys if any one wonts upper and lower rad hose and fan belts I have them they are brand new never used I got them wen I did my trip in the nav but never used them that are to suit a d22 3ltr 05 mod let me no

G'evening lounge lizards!

nissannewby and I getting some practice time in before the Cape Trip!

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

Regards,

RLI

G'evening lounge lizards!

nissannewby and I getting some practice time in before the Cape Trip!

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

Regards,

RLI

That entrance/exit to our favourite local destination looks smooth RLI! I don't yhink I've ever driven it that easy before!

Hey, with the splitting and rejoining of the two groups, where will that split happen? I imagine that the start and end if the OTT would be here we be gaining and losing a day with the joining and splitting of groups?

Or are we just going to stagger our departures from Port Douglas and eventually cross paths up at Punsand bay?

Just curious so I can plan around departure dates, etc.

Hey, with the splitting and rejoining of the two groups, where will that split happen? I imagine that the start and end if the OTT would be here we be gaining and losing a day with the joining and splitting of groups?

Or are we just going to stagger our departures from Port Douglas and eventually cross paths up at Punsand bay?

Just curious so I can plan around departure dates, etc.

G'day Joshman,

We will stagger the departure times 1 day apart from Port Douglas and we will all RV at Punsand bay.

I will have the departure dates finalised by the 1st of February. I am waiting to see how many DEFINITES! we will have by the end of the January deadline.

Regards,

RLI

G'day Trendsetters,

For all the participants for this years Cape York trip in August, grab a copy of this months 4wd action magazine No 193 "Do The Simmo or Cape on any Budget"! Great write up for touring up to the Cape! Great budget ideas, modification how much fuel to carry and finally river crossing info.

Regards,

RLI

AND if you look on page 179 you will see me in the bog hole at the recent
son of trials plus

you may rise

G'day Sir Sparra!

Good onya mate, you look like you did the bog-hole easy!

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

we were 2 seconds quick and copped a 4 point penalty in the mud hole

i highly reccomend the son of trials
great event

Latest posts

Back