Cape york august 2013!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day Trendsetters,

How is everyone going with there vehicle and camper trailer/tent/accommodation requirements for our Aug Cape York trip?

I am curious to view photos of your vehicle set-up and your accommodation set-up! Also share with us photos of your mods for the trip!

PS, 3 AND BIT MONTHS AND COUNTING!

Regards,

RLI

Did one of my front wheel bearings yesterday and about to go down and do the other side tomorrow. As for my camping setup i should have it finished in the next 4 weeks with some time to spare to go test it out. I'll post a progress shot over the weekend.

I want to be on the holiday already but at the same time 3 months will be cutting it close for prep time/money for the navs 200k service. Ill just be chipping away at the things that need doing every week between now and 'D' Day

we are almost ready
we went for a quick trip to test setup
still got a few minor mods to complete
works well
shame about the dickheads firing rounds off at camp after dark
kinda ruined a quiet nite in the forest

Did one of my front wheel bearings yesterday and about to go down and do the other side tomorrow. As for my camping setup i should have it finished in the next 4 weeks with some time to spare to go test it out. I'll post a progress shot over the weekend.

I want to be on the holiday already but at the same time 3 months will be cutting it close for prep time/money for the navs 200k service. Ill just be chipping away at the things that need doing every week between now and 'D' Day

G'day Bryce,

Good onya mate!

Regards,

Paul
:rambo:

we are almost ready
we went for a quick trip to test setup
still got a few minor mods to complete
works well
shame about the dickheads firing rounds off at camp after dark
kinda ruined a quiet nite in the forest

G'day sparra,

Great set-up mate!

PS, sorry to hear about the dick-brains!

Regards,

Paul
:rambo:

Could be a goer for us, we're planning a big trip & not come back! If we get our house rented asap we could be off sooner....following the work trail...... We have a 08 Nav with the lot, same for the CT. We're planning to do great stuff. Should've mentioned we're got 2 sociable canines we're bringing with us which may count us out if you're doing Nat Parks. Fishing rod anyone? (sorry the CT photo is on its side, no idea why it does that, but it does)

Attachments

• 20130407_161303.jpg
    20130407_161303.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 20130328_152903.jpg
    20130328_152903.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Yeah I'm in the same boat as Bryce. Should have the roof top tent on the roof rack in a few weeks and buy some new tyres. Just need to beef up the home made canopy I bought.

hi guys
at this stage my cape trip may have to be posponed
i have been off work for 4 wks with 2 herniated discs in my lower back
i havent said anything earlier cause i was hoping for a speedy recovery
i had a steriod injection last friday and while this has helped greatly, i still have to question if i will be fit enough to set up and pack up a trailer 20 times,navigate some serious tracks and at the same time ensure the safety of my wife and son, theres always next year?
i am still planning and preparing for the trip but it doesnt look good at this stage

the final decision will be made by the insurance doctor on the 30th of this month
cheers

Bad news Sparra, hope you mend up in time. I will be heading up the cape in august 2014 cant wait. Will have to catch up soon

Latest posts

Back