Cape york august 2013!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nod good about your back mate. Hope you get better soon. I've never had any back problems but they tell me it's the worst. Good luck with the recovery and hope you can still make it to the top end.

hey mate, super sorry to hear about your back problems, i've had (got) on and off problems with my back, so i can understand how bad they can get (but yours sound a lot worse than anything i've had)

hope you can make the trip!

Oh that's really unlucky sparra!! Hopefully the doc gives ya the all clear! Nothing worse than back pain never realise how much ya use it untill it's sore.

With may coming to a close there are only 2 months left before we all just in our 4wds and head north. I tell you what im getting excited, and worried that I wont be ready.

Some bright spark decided he didnt have enough stress in his life and decided to buy a house, settlement on the 28/6. So on top of going to work everyday between now and when when i leave i have to pack up the house that i currently live in (2.5years of crap), move house, service the 4wd, mount the roof top tent, meet with banks, solicitors, real estates, building inspectors, pest and carpet cleaning (at the rental), unpack at the new house and hope i can find all my camping gear, and just because i dont have enough to do the other half wants a new cd player in the nav because the standard unit wont play mp3s or plug into the ipod.

What an exciting 9 weeks it is going to be for me.

A test trip with the new roof top tent would be good but i dont think i am going to have time.

hey bryce you can make the cd player a 5min job, super cheap sells the plug and play harnesses for like $10 each just grab a nissan to ISO one and then a brand x to ISO and they plug in easy peasy.

Yeah I know its an easy job with the plugs. It fairly easy without them but thats not the point. It's just one more thing I have to organize before august

mate if your trapped in a car with your mrs and kids (assuming you have kids) I'd make a request like that your top priority, imagine a month of naging about how she can't play her iphone songs or whatever with no escape...

well guys its official
doctor has said no travel
op in 3/4 weeks
i wont be coming this year
i will try again next year
enjoy your trip
:pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff:

Last edited:
G'day folks,

It is regrettable that i have to announce that i will be unable to attend the Cape York trip in August 2013.

Folks, over the last 12 months i have been struggling to cope day to day with the chronic pain and discomfort caused by the perianal abscess in my bowel.

Unfortunately, some of the bloody abscesses have now turned into fistula's(holes inside the bowel lining.) My family and I have been advised, in order to completely remove the fistula's my surgeon may be required to cut the anal sphincter muscle. This creates a risk of permanent incontinence, resulting in the removal of the large bowel and anus and me then having to wear a permanent stoma-bag.(waste-bag)

On top of this problem, i have then been informed that i also suffer from Crohn's disease which is attacking the pelvic floor muscle. I have remicade infusions every six weeks at a cost of $4,400.00 a shot. so far i have had 11 shots. I have to have this treatment for the rest of my life.

A month ago i bent down to pick up my new-born son and damaged 3 discs in my low back. I have had two facet joint injections which have failed to relive my pain. I have now been informed that i will have to under go disc replacement surgery at Sydney's St Vincent’s Hospital in July. I am not a happy chappy!

I will be contacting Jas on the Nissan Patrol forum if we can organise a phone link-up with all those members going on the August Cape York trip so that we can make sure everyone is de-briefed and up-dated on the current circumstances.

Regards,

Paul
:sniper:

Bugga - thought you were through it all & were all smiles? Chin up bloke, positive attitudes help.

Paul, I'm super sorry to hear this, I was quite looking forward to meeting you traveling a bit of this big brown land. Good luck buddy, god bless and let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Paul, its sad to see that you wont be able to make it, after reading some of the stuff you have written about the cape (in the itinerary for this trip and from other threads) i was quite looking forward to meeting you and having some driving stress relief beverages at camp.

I hope they sort out your back so there is one less thing to worry about in your unfortunate string of medical worries.

Sparra,

No good about your back too buddy, its a shame about the timing of your recovery, hope it all goes well.

Listen in folks!

G'day folks,

I wish I was going with you folks on this trip, however health issues have farked me.

However, the mission will go ahead without me and you folks as a group will have a life changing experience and many fantastic memories to share with family and friends over the years to come.

I am not going to desert you, i will be active in keeping in communications with you all from the time you leave until you all return home safely from your trip.

If any of the group require any equipment, ie recovery gear, winch, shovels, tools, gerry cans, toilet, Heavy Duty R&R Bead-breaker & Tyre Refitting Tool, anything. please ask and i will gladly lend it to you for your trip.

I have a spare Tigerz11 winch sitting at home ready to be used.

PS, I am here to help you all have a great trip to the Cape and back home!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)
:rambo:

6 Weeks to go, and on that note whats every ones plans on getting to port Douglass?

Due to my Girls dutys at work and lack of annual leave in doing the hard slog up in 2 goes with a rest day in between to visit her brother in mackay. so brisbane to mackay then mackay to port douglass.

That's my plan but i'd like to here yours.

Getting a bit exciting now.

Heck yeah! I'm heaps excited. Can hardly wait.

Because I'm in Gladstone, I'll be doing the drive in two days, probably leaving early on the 2nd, staying with a friend in Mackay that night, then doing the long slog to Port Douglas on the 3rd. If your headed up on those dates we should convoy.

Yep im heading to mackay on the first then on to port Douglas on the 3rd. Might be able to convoy the second leg of the trip up.

have not been active in this thread for some time.

Sorry to hear Sparra and Rli that you can no longer make the trip, health issues can be a real bummer and they always seem to play their part when you really don't want it.

Paul I might look into what it would cost to freight the bead breaker tool to Brisbane and then to return it back to you. It may be a very handy tool to have on the trip.

Not long to go now, I think I will leave on Friday 2nd and drive straight to Port Douglas. Got a couple of drivers in my car, did Bris to Townsville at Xmas in one stint on my own so should breeze it in.

I will be leaving Brisbane around 3PM with 2 vehicles, anyone is welcome to tag along for all or part of the trip.

I also have a very large yard, just under 3 acres, 2 mins off the pacific hwy at Loganholme, any one doing the trip from the southern region are more than welcome to set upcamp and have a stop over. I am very close to just about anything you could ever want or need.

G'day folks,

How are your preparations going so far for your trip?

Regards,

RLI
:sniper:

Mate
I have got everything packed.

Into boxes because im moving in a week. Then it will be a mad rush to set up the new house and find all my camping and recovery gear in time for the trip.

Latest posts

Back