D40&D22 auto Lokka group buy **DEAL NOW CLOSED**

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here haha. Just going to follow the instructions. I spoke with 4wd systems over the phone and they said it's quite easy to fit, will see about that! I'll order the required seal and get the oil before doing anything

It is easy enough. Don't be daunted by the idea of DYI. I've had mine for few years I guess now and never regretted it. Wish I got it at this price though... Bargain is not enough, steal maybe.

I have read the document you gave me, the LK89 combo.pdf and I cant find anywhere mentioning a part number for a seal? I was just going to use hi temp gasket goo I used to seal my sump with around the edge after I clean the gasket mating surfaces.

Mine's going in today! Can't wait.
Lucky the Mrs is away this weekend, time to play

Last edited:
Diff is out, will pull the other tomorrow night then deliver them Friday morning and hope to put one in Friday afternoon. Don't like driving around with no CVs or diff. Leaves the inner part of the hub open. Will be ok for a couple of days.

Your more game then me!
Had my mechanic fit mine yesterday, really liked after me in the price too!!

Now to test it out??

Your more game then me!
Had my mechanic fit mine yesterday, really liked after me in the price too!!

Now to test it out??

sweet Mike! cant wait to hear how it goes off road.
being a D40 with the front always in action any noticeable change on the street? noise? steering ect?

sweet Mike! cant wait to hear how it goes off road.
being a D40 with the front always in action any noticeable change on the street? noise? steering ect?
Nothing at all mate, hard to know it's even there on the black top.

In the dirt carpark this morning I flicked it into 4HI. String is a touch heavier, you can definitely hear it clicking away.
It returns to center allot faster now to.

I read somewhere while researching them that driving is a bit different to get used to with the lokka installed, he suggested you back of the accelerator before turning to let it disengage then accelerate our of the corner. Good advice!

Last edited:
Took the two front D22 diffs In today to Mick at OP Lock Penrith, was great and very easy to deal with. Dropped them off at around 9am and picked them up around 4pm.
Cost was $250 per diff with new bearings and sealed diff.
Now I only need to add oil and throw them back in (haha coz it's that easy). Should have them both done by weeks end. Just to add, Mick said drive in drive out price is $500 and if u just drop the diff off its $250.

Cheers.

Took the two front D22 diffs In today to Mick at OP Lock Penrith, was great and very easy to deal with. Dropped them off at around 9am and picked them up around 4pm.
Cost was $250 per diff with new bearings and sealed diff.
Now I only need to add oil and throw them back in (haha coz it's that easy). Should have them both done by weeks end. Just to add, Mick said drive in drive out price is $500 and if u just drop the diff off its $250.

Cheers.

$250 is a top price!

Yeah its good to see one of our main MUSTER Sponsors looking after our members.

both stores are run by the one family and they always take time to look after everyone that rings or walks through the door no matter if your looking at a shackle or a full fit out of your rig.

Its the main reason why i approached them to be a sponsor of our Muster and Chris was straight away as helpful and as approachable as ever and even helped with advice on how would could attract even more sponsors.

So if ever you need advice on fitting out or setting up your rig give theses guys a try im sure you will be happy you did.

HI Gents. Oka Lokka install price for the local 4wd shop is $300 Inc new oil, for an extra $50 he will also replace the seals if they need it, He already drives and owns a D40 so that's a good start and has installed these items on many occasions. I spoke to 4wd systems regarding the install difficulty and it appears/sounds that it's "not that hard". There is no issue about diff backlash as it it's a straight swap,, they will be emailing to myself info on the install, which once received could be posted as a "sticky" So i'm in two minds 1) A few beers meet the boys and spanner nite 2) drop it the local shop.......must admit a few beers does have an edge though

Pat,

Can you confirm that was a drive in drive out price????

Think I'm just going to get it installed.

Still keen for your mechanical night on Friday but...
Can you possibly get the ball rolling on a date he is happy to install it.??

Will provide my own diff oil,and I would also go with the new seal too..

Hear from you by phone soon mate.

⚠️Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's⚠️

Hey guys just looking at the backlash measurements from the LK89 R180 Lokka install file,

"Take note of the backlash between the ring gear and pinion gears by holding the pinion flange steady and
rocking the ring gear back and forth. Rotate 90degrees and try again. Repeat 4 times. The amount of
movement should be approximately even in all 4 positions and be between 0.008 and 0.016”."

And the backlash mesurements from the D22 Service Manual for the R180A,
"Measure ring gear-to-drive pinion backlash with a dial indicator.
Ring gear-to-drive pinion backlash:
0.13 - 0.18 mm (0.0051 - 0.0071 in)
I If backlash is too small, decrease thickness of right shim and
increase thickness of left shim by the same amount.
If backlash is too great, reverse the above procedure.
Never change the total amount of shims as it will change the
bearing preload."

Now these measurements are different. Which one should we be following? The Lokka install one has a lot more variance.

Latest posts

Back