DJK's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, im looking at purchasing a body lift kit from zordo in the next couple of weeks. Will be installing it with a mate, just have a couple of questions..is it difficult to fit? Also is raising the bullbar & rear bar difficult to do? And is there any other things I need to know/do during the install?

Any help would be good! Cheers.

So, im looking at purchasing a body lift kit from zordo in the next couple of weeks. Will be installing it with a mate, just have a couple of questions..is it difficult to fit? Also is raising the bullbar & rear bar difficult to do? And is there any other things I need to know/do during the install?

Just did mine today by myself, took about 4.5 hours. Haven't matched up the bullbar yet though. I don't have a rear step so I didn't have to do that.

Extending the collapsible steering arm was a bit tight.
Understanding the instructions was a little tricky, there weren't any pics or diagrams to refer to. Working out which bolt was for what had me scratching my head for a while but figured it out.

The tub bolts gave me the most grief as I couldn't get my rattle gun in there. The cab bolts came out pretty easy with the rattle gun.

Make sure u have a jack with a very high lift capability. Maybe a tall bottle jack. I used my high lift jack to do the tub and the standard scissor jack on two blocks of wood and another small block on top, it gave me just enough lift.

I should have taken more pics and done a write up. In the instructions it says to remove the radiator shroud and discard the bottom section. You can actually remove the bottom section without needing to remove the shroud (ZD30 D22)

Have fun.

Just did mine today by myself, took about 4.5 hours. Haven't matched up the bullbar yet though. I don't have a rear step so I didn't have to do that.

Extending the collapsible steering arm was a bit tight.
Understanding the instructions was a little tricky, there weren't any pics or diagrams to refer to. Working out which bolt was for what had me scratching my head for a while but figured it out.

The tub bolts gave me the most grief as I couldn't get my rattle gun in there. The cab bolts came out pretty easy with the rattle gun.

Make sure u have a jack with a very high lift capability. Maybe a tall bottle jack. I used my high lift jack to do the tub and the standard scissor jack on two blocks of wood and another small block on top, it gave me just enough lift.

I should have taken more pics and done a write up. In the instructions it says to remove the radiator shroud and discard the bottom section. You can actually remove the bottom section without needing to remove the shroud (ZD30 D22)

Have fun.

Thanks for that mate, should help a lot! How's it look now? Worth it??

Looks alright I reckon. Better for sure. I'm always comparing the height to my mates pootrol, and I think mine is just about a similar height now.

Now my ride height is sorted I can make a start on the rear and front bars. And now I can fit 33s no problem.

Here's a pic, looks better in person. Yeh yeh, still gotta do the bumper. Looks so crap like this.

Attachments

• image-2563285545.jpg
    image-2563285545.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 235

Hey mate. I installed my Zordo kit as well. If you get confused about bolt size/location just give John a call. He will give you all the support you need.

I found extending the steering rod a huge pain in the arse- it's just fiddly and I had trouble reaching into the engine bay after the body was 50mm higher! I also had a captive nut spin in its cage( drivers side B pillar bolt). Hope you don't experience that. I had to cut up the floor pan to get to it. Lifting the bar is easy depending on which type you have. Mines a genuine Nissan bar

Good luck

Hey mate. I installed my Zordo kit as well. If you get confused about bolt size/location just give John a call. He will give you all the support you need.

I found extending the steering rod a huge pain in the arse- it's just fiddly and I had trouble reaching into the engine bay after the body was 50mm higher! I also had a captive nut spin in its cage( drivers side B pillar bolt). Hope you don't experience that. I had to cut up the floor pan to get to it. Lifting the bar is easy depending on which type you have. Mines a genuine Nissan bar

Good luck

Are the alloy bars different to the steel bars? I had a look yesterday and don't see a super easy way. I understand I need to drill new holes 50mm lower than the originals. Looking at the alloy mounting holes, I can drop one 50mm but the second bolt hole won't actually align on the bar.

How did you do it?

I think I can either drop the one bolt hole on the alloy bar part and raise the other mountjng bolt hole or buy a new steel winch bar or make a winch bar.

I believe they are. I just left the mounting brackets on the chassis and lifted the actual bar (steel) to match the body lift. I read somewhere in an old thread where a member had to weld additional brackets and support on his ally bar to get it to work. Can anyone confirm this?

yea lil menace was selling the brackets for his modified alloy bar a few weeks ago.

from what I can see on my alloy one you would have to drill a new hole for the top front bolt in the bar itself and one for the lower rear bolt in the mounting bracket.

ARB bars however like DJK has I think you can just drill new holes in the mounting brackets ~50mm higher as they come with a rectangular sort of hole for raising/lowering the bar to suit different tastes.

yea lil menace was selling the brackets for his modified alloy bar a few weeks ago.

from what I can see on my alloy one you would have to drill a new hole for the top front bolt in the bar itself and one for the lower rear bolt in the mounting bracket.

ARB bars however like DJK has I think you can just drill new holes in the mounting brackets ~50mm higher as they come with a rectangular sort of hole for raising/lowering the bar to suit different tastes.

Cheers

Haven't updated this for a bit, just waiting on a body lift kit from zordo to arrive which i'll be installing next weekend hopefully! Can't wait for that..then i'll probably wanna fit 33's, then ill want more power so ill want a exhaust/chip :/ The list seriously doesn't stop..

Will put up some pics when the body lfit gets done!

no offence but ..... i hate you so much right now hahahaha currently overseas had an image of how to finish my d22 after looking at the canadian trucks and my image was exactly this (painted my sports bar black before i left ) only differnce mines a zd30 nice truck mate good luck with building your (and my) truck hahaha

no offence but ..... i hate you so much right now hahahaha currently overseas had an image of how to finish my d22 after looking at the canadian trucks and my image was exactly this (painted my sports bar black before i left ) only differnce mines a zd30 nice truck mate good luck with building your (and my) truck hahaha

Thanks mate! Body lift should be in by the end of this week..looking forward to that!

Well during the week with the help of a mate we knocked up a platform to go in place of the rear seats to house my fridge. Nothing fancy but does exactly what I wanted, managed to use the same bolt holes as the seat..picked up a few brackets and bent them to suit, screwed a piece of ply to them and layed it with some carpet and then put in some eyelets to hold the fridge down. The fridge sits on the passenger side so that when out camping its under the awning and easy to get to!

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 232
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 209
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 216
Yeh the height of the tray is awesome! Can't wait for the cab to match it..it's probly gonna make me order some 33's very soon haha.

Latest posts

Back