Dom's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update...

SAS is going to be happening! so excited.

In other news, went over a bump today and the front bar was scraping on the front tyre... so i had to take the front bar off and drive it home... here is a picture before and after anyway...

198348_10150865043533775_538617423_n.jpg

168236_10150864583748775_775391961_n.jpg

oh and i just brought a snorkel from Garry off nizzbits. should be here in about 2 weeks time due to all the holidays and what not.

So in the next couple of months i will have
- new bar
- solid axle conversion done
- snorkel
- 2 inch body lift.

looking forward to it!

I did that (not as drastic) with my steel bar. And I didn't even hit it hard... Wonder if it's possible to prevent that?

are you doing the sas yourself or are you just supplying everything and giving it to someone to do?

I did that (not as drastic) with my steel bar. And I didn't even hit it hard... Wonder if it's possible to prevent that?

If you really wanted to make sure it didnt happen again, probably just get a brace and put it on both ends possibly.

are you doing the sas yourself or are you just supplying everything and giving it to someone to do?

Im going to be supplying everything. ill hopefully help out with the stuff i can do. but most of the work will be done by ferrets4x4.

Hi Dom, just bought my first car and it is an 2002 dual cab, auto D22. It has stock wheels and tyres but I want to replace them with bigger wheels and tyres. I've read in places that you can get 17inch wheels on them but I have also heard that the biggest you can get on are 16 inch.

Any clue?

Any suggestions on any different types of wheels and tyres? Cheers.

Hi Dom, just bought my first car and it is an 2002 dual cab, auto D22. It has stock wheels and tyres but I want to replace them with bigger wheels and tyres. I've read in places that you can get 17inch wheels on them but I have also heard that the biggest you can get on are 16 inch.

Any clue?

Any suggestions on any different types of wheels and tyres? Cheers.

It all depends on what driving you want to do and how much you want to spend really!
As for myself, im going to try and fit 15 inch rims to mine then fit 33's so i get more tyre overall.

I have 265/75/16 on now with no lift and no scrubbing

No real off road stuff. I have just the stock 15 inch wheels and stock tyres. I find it is quite low to the ground. I have about 1500 hundred to spend. I pick up a lot of furniture and don't want it dipping too low when i have stuff in the tray. If I change over to 16 inch wheels and some new tyres, and without lifting it, would that help at all?

And something that would look better than stock wheels and tyres. I was looking at the suraysia wheels and not sure about what tyres. Would they be compatible with my ute? Mine is completely stock 2x4 auto, with an alloy tray. What would you recommend?

Im going to be supplying everything. ill hopefully help out with the stuff i can do. but most of the work will be done by ferrets4x4.

oh righto, well if you dont mind me asking, but what do you reckon the ball park figure would be getting someone to do this? or what youve guesstimated

No real off road stuff. I have just the stock 15 inch wheels and stock tyres. I find it is quite low to the ground. I have about 1500 hundred to spend. I pick up a lot of furniture and don't want it dipping too low when i have stuff in the tray. If I change over to 16 inch wheels and some new tyres, and without lifting it, would that help at all?

1500 would get you almost any kind of set up your after. thats rims and tyres. pretty much, the bigger the tyre and rim combined, the higher your diff centre and therefore you car will be slighty higher. but it wont be heaps noticable. best way to get a bit of a lift is either winding up the torsion bars, or jsut getting a body or suspension lift in

oh righto, well if you dont mind me asking, but what do you reckon the ball park figure would be getting someone to do this? or what youve guesstimated

Umm not sure yet!
800 for the diff
2,300 for the calmini kit (shipped)
then have to get coil overs, sway bars and all those bits.
then pay for labour too.

So im guessing around 5 grand hopefully!! but seeing as though this is his first SAS cant really tell how much it will be. He is usually really good with prices and a really good mechanic/fabricator too.

New update:

Calmini ended up costing too much after months of research.

Have now ordered their 3 inch lift.

In other news, went for a long drive on the weekend up to Sydney. Was seeing how high I could get my pyro. Highest it got to was 510 up a 7km hill doing 100kph.

Also, my boost was only getting up to 13.5psi max. I've heard the standard psi is 16. Anything I can do about this?

Hey mate how much did they end up stinging you for your 3"lift. did you buy the whole kit including there shocks be great to know what it rides like comoared to stock once there in. pm me if you want. did they give you a price delivered and does it include gst and impory duty etc.
Cant wait to see some pics should take a before and after pic and post them up :)

Hey mate how much did they end up stinging you for your 3"lift. did you buy the whole kit including there shocks be great to know what it rides like comoared to stock once there in. pm me if you want. did they give you a price delivered and does it include gst and impory duty etc.
Cant wait to see some pics should take a before and after pic and post them up :)

The delivered price is $1,234.05USD. So around $1,210AUD.
They said it should be here within 10-14 days of recieving payment (which went off this morning)

Brought the whole kit aswell with the shocks. Should be okay.

Ill post up some pics for sure.
BUt the body lift is going in at the same time as the suspension so it should sit about 5 inches higher. and once i sell the tyres and rims i have now, ill be getting 35's on there too.

Latest posts

Back