FB89 - A New Beginning

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the spray in liners are the go, especially if you intend to keep it for a while.
The spray in liner like rhino are not slippery like the plastic and if you intend on putting your bike in the back you wont want that plastic thing, they are bloody dangerous, a little drop of water or mud and you will go ares over.
also if you do go on the beach you will end up with sand under the plastic and it will rub the paint off.
Honestly i wouldnt bother with the plastic even if i got it for free.

You're probably right.. I never had one in the 22 tub... I just have to sort out a way to hold the tailgate up hard against the back wheel of the moto. I was thinking of putting a hook or eyelet on the inside of the tailgate and one on the headboard side and just using a ratchet strap to hold her up half way when the bike is in there.

the spray in liners are the go, especially if you intend to keep it for a while.
The spray in liner like rhino are not slippery like the plastic and if you intend on putting your bike in the back you wont want that plastic thing, they are bloody dangerous, a little drop of water or mud and you will go ares over.
also if you do go on the beach you will end up with sand under the plastic and it will rub the paint off.
Honestly i wouldnt bother with the plastic even if i got it for free.

Yeh main reason I didn't want it is cause it'll be slippery.. But I don't know if it's worth $650-$700 to be honest. Might just leave it with nothing. If it get real bad I can hide it with a tub liner before I sell her lol. Ill probably just trade it in on a new one anyways in a couple years.

you could do that then ratchet strap to the block in the utili track that you slide to the back of the track nearest to the tail gate.

You can get a rubber mat cut to the tub size if you are only trying to cover the floor and give some grip. There is a mob in Brissie who make them out of 2 inch rubber for about $120.

you could do that then ratchet strap to the block in the utili track that you slide to the back of the track nearest to the tail gate.

That's an even better idea so I don't have the strap running the entire length of the tub. But. I'm trying to think how I will secure an eyelet in the back to the tailgate nicely.

Yeh main reason I didn't want it is cause it'll be slippery.. But I don't know if it's worth $650-$700 to be honest. Might just leave it with nothing. If it get real bad I can hide it with a tub liner before I sell her lol. Ill probably just trade it in on a new one anyways in a couple years.

the good thing about the spray in is you can do it later and it will still look good or do it your self with the "raptor" stuff for less then a quarter of the price of the rhino liner

You can get a rubber mat cut to the tub size if you are only trying to cover the floor and give some grip. There is a mob in Brissie who make them out of 2 inch rubber for about $120.

Yeah I've seen these on eBay. I'd have to secure it down somehow too. Last thing I want is to push the bike on and have the Matt slip and throw me and the bike.

But. I'm trying to think how I will secure an eyelet in the back to the tailgate nicely.

Take off the panels that hide the locking/handle mechanism and either attach it behind the panel or to the panel. It wouldn't be hard to make it strong enough for what you need.

Take off the panels that hide the locking/handle mechanism and either attach it behind the panel or to the panel. It wouldn't be hard to make it strong enough for what you need.

Yeah ill do that and then run a a 2"x2" plate to spread the force a little. Just to be safe.

Yeah I've seen these on eBay. I'd have to secure it down somehow too. Last thing I want is to push the bike on and have the Matt slip and throw me and the bike.

Who'd fall off a bike? :ha:

I filled the gaps between the ridges in the floor with timber and made the rubber mat in mine so that I could crawl over it without having my knees fall between the ridges. A similar method with a few small screws would stop any rubber mat riding up.

the good thing about the spray in is you can do it later and it will still look good or do it your self with the "raptor" stuff for less then a quarter of the price of the rhino liner

Yeah I could do it myself.... Can I be bothered... No chance haha.

Nah I don't like those. Cutting a hole in the tailgate... I'd prefer to drill a hole and plate it.

Drilling a hole would be a lot easier.

Ill see how much space I have inside the tailgate. I might pre cut and drill the plate and weld a locknut to the back of it and tack it inside the tailgate so I can't remove the eyelet whenever I want

i would just use a 20mm hole saw but i know what you mean.

how about these,

These are a bit fancy. I think you're moving a little fast for me! I'm Just jumping out of a tractor. Lets slow this relationship down a little.

Latest posts

Back