FB89 - A New Beginning

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm they could go alright. Not sure if the tailgate bouncing around with a bike bumping into it will go down too well on those little screws.

Just found exactly what I want. Bed Bolts they're called. Perfect idea.

yeah i think i saw something by that name just before i saw this that you can get from supershit auto , and will spread the load out all the way across the gate but i dont think i would want the track there all the time.

Have you thought of leaving the tailgate down and using one of those fence type gates to keep all your gear in the tray, this is not the exact one i was thinking of but you get the idea

Last edited:
Yeah I'm probably going to get a motogate.
First mods hopefully tomorow.
Fitting a full sound system. New alpine he's unit with DVD Bluetooth and Nav and speakers all round

We've all missed you & been off sulking till you come back!

How ya been & how's the truck?

Hah i suspected that much.
Ive been great, the broken back is all heeled up. The D40 is treating me well,
starting to miss my fridge in the car so looking into dual battery setups and i would ask anyone else other than you guys on here. So i thought id come for a squizz.
Considering this under the tub setup so that i dont use space in the tray.
Have I Missed much?

Thanks mate, just need some of the old D40 Tech guru's to give me ideas now.
Thinking of running under the tray mount, century N70T deep cycle 100ah battery
with standard isolator. Should to the job for just a fridge and a couple lights

Thanks mate, just need some of the old D40 Tech guru's to give me ideas now.
Thinking of running under the tray mount, century N70T deep cycle 100ah battery
with standard isolator. Should to the job for just a fridge and a couple lights

Gday FB, youve missed a bit actually but im sure that will be evident soon enough.

Just a note for the Isolator, if you do run a standard version like what you would of had in the D22 you will need to disconnect the "smart charge" system on the alternator like a few guys have done, OR you will have to get a DC-DC 40A Redarc (or similar) low voltage set up.
I had one for my 2012 ST model number is Redarc DC-DC 40A Low Voltage BCDC1240-LV you can get them for around $400 of Ebay ect

Glad to hear the back is all good, Im just on the mend after two Crushed vertebrae T2-T3 about 8weeks back

Last edited:
Here is a bit of a description of the Redarc

Product Description

The BCDC1240-LV is a 12V 40A In-vehicle Battery Charger featuring technology designed to charge your batteries to 100%, regardless of their type or size. By providing a unique charging profile to each specific battery type, the BCDC1240-LV In-Vehicle Battery Charger is able to achieve and maintain an optimal charge in your auxiliary battery, at all times. It is designed to operate with variable voltage alternators.
The BCDC1240-LV In-vehicle Battery Charger also features a Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) solar regulator, allowing you to deliver the maximum amount of power from your solar panels to your auxiliary battery.

Features

Multi Stage DC-DC Battery Charger
MPPT Solar Regulator
Start Battery Isolator
Fully sealed
Super quiet operation
Charges AGM, Gel, Calcium content, VRLA and Standard Lead Acid batteries

Yeah I know about the so called intelligent battery charge distributor thing, But it's probably best I run a dc-dc charger as I will probably run an agm battery. According to the measurements on the under tub battery tray I can fit an n70zz size battery in there which means I can get a 100ah battery in there although it'll Be a pain in the ass to run power from So I'll run a power and earth cable up into the tub so I can wire run accessories straight from there

So ive decided that i might start modding he Nav Finally. Dual batteries being organised now and some plasti dip on its way to black her out a little.
Next Decision is tyres and lift and then some aux lighting.

Nice utes!!!

Any updates on the d40? Your d22 looked tough!!

Out of Curiosity why did you sell the d22?

Sold up due to a Broken back and could drive manual or get in and out of the thing.
This seemed like a better idea and the price i payed for her was too low. I would have been crazy not to pick her up.
Anyway due to finances as of recent i didnt even bother with the dual batteries.
Going to do a portable battery pack so it can be used at camp away from the vehicle.
Just organised a customer rack setup. Cage over tub and a roof rack. (only for use when travelling) Pics soon
Bikes are all sold up now too so hoping to get out for a camp soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back