Gold panning at blackwood

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to go and find my halo that I threw to the farthest corner of the backyard and give it a bit of a clean up....I'll do my best

Bloody good thing my missus isn't coming along cause she knows more words than I do... :sarcastic:

Mine goes alright as well.Well she just walked in the door with two pans so 70% chance she's coming.
How cute,his and hers pans. ;)

i always swear so im no go when glw are about..
i dont use the c word but the f word gets a run rather freaquently...
most ladies dont mind,but there are some that crack it big time so im in only when its a boys trip only...

You guy's would be best to try down stream of an old mine or try and find an area with lot's of quartz or slate. Try and get the dirt out between a line of rocks, they act as riffles separating the heavier particles, a bait pump works best.
I'm not familiar with the Blackwood, but I gather there was a few deep leads in the area?. Also a milk crate or similar to sit on, otherwise your legs will be screaming after 10 mins of squatting.

If all else fails go to Sovereign Hill, they salt the creek, so there is a guarantee of getting color.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Salting- adding or placing gold.

Old timers use to scatter gold dust on there 8 x 8 ft plot to raise the value of a worthless area.

Only 1 plastic pan left at Aussie disp. Mentone today, trying frankston Sat morning for a second. Child labour is ok in the goldfields right?

leprechaun1.jpg

Latest posts

Back