Gonzo's Tourer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Gonzo's Touring Trailer

Ok so I've been on here for a while and Im so slack I have done quite a few little thing to the Nav and have bothered to post . Now Im building a touring trailer and Im getting a bit excited about it. As you all know there is a million tub laying around so I thought I would use mine up. For starters I had to ad a box to the front to make it legal , The front of the tub is going to be cut out and the back of the box giving enough length for sleeping . I will post more pic's as it proceeds . You will get the idea !

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/Astinmartin64/IMAG0036.jpg

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/Astinmartin64/IMAG0035.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 18,441
  • IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
That's looks sweet. Keep us posted mate should come up nicely.

Rusty

Will do Russ It's far from finished . I hope to have it finished for Xmas hols for a trial . Fitting removable racks to carry roof top tinnie and outboard and I'm keen to take it up the pointy bit in 2013 with RLI and Co

I don't know how to muti quote So thanks Dave , Dave , & Ray :sorry3:

Last edited:
Looks good. Sounds like it will be a good set up when its done.

As for multi quoting, the little button next to the quote button, click that for all the posts you want to quote, then on the last one click the actual quote button, then it will quote them all

Looks good. Sounds like it will be a good set up when its done.

As for multi quoting, the little button next to the quote button, click that for all the posts you want to quote, then on the last one click the actual quote button, then it will quote them all

Ha ha Thanks for that ! I've never noticed it

Ok More pic's and Dribble

I have made some additions of a removable rack for carrying a roof topper tinnie some leveling jacks on the rear and a tyre winch for the spare and I cut the front out of the tub and the rear out of the box wireing is all done lights wise and I have made provision for constant 12v supply .I'm enjoying this and can't wait to try it up Double Island point

Attachments

• IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0041.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMAG0058.jpg
    IMAG0058.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 113
And some more Pic's & Dribble

Attachments

• IMAG0043.jpg
    IMAG0043.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMAG0050.jpg
    IMAG0050.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMAG0052.jpg
    IMAG0052.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 91
As usual long time no post ! I have a bit of time on my hands as im sitting in a Hospital bed waiting surgery in the morning . I won't bother boreing you with the details !

I have done quite a bit more on the trailer since I last posted But I only have some older photo's to post .

The off cuts from cutting out the hole in the box came in usefull don't look to bad at all.

The matress from Clarke rubber fitted perfectly didn't even have to cut anything .

I have built some boxes on the wheel tubs with switches and a cig lighter plug in . But will have to post them photo's at a latter date.

This give you some kind of idea what I'm trying to acheave

My maiden trip camping was to CityView I took the off the beaten track to get there ie : 20ks if corrigated dirt roads . And Well I realy need to seal the tail gate because it let alot of dust in . Since this photo I have removed the sports bar as it serves no purpose , Looks crapo and I'm building a proper rack to hold a boat

Attachments

• Template fits.jpg
    Template fits.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Matress fits.jpg
    Matress fits.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Don't know !.jpg
    Don't know !.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 103
  • Maiden Trip.jpg
    Maiden Trip.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 102
Right then !! Boat purchased Rack altered , Boat painted and fitted out . Ready for a camping trip. But it will have to wait ! I go in to hospital on Monday for a shoulder reconstruction. I will be Roo Ted for weeks if not months.:yeahright:

Some More Pic's

I just need to paint the tool box . Even though it checker plate it needs to be white I think. Oh and the blue canvas cover is for the outboard motor on the draw bar.

Looks awsome mate very nice work. Good luck with the shoulder op I had one 4 weeks ago now.... Had my other shoulder done January 2012..... I think you will find you will be out of action for a lot longer. My first 6 months is a 2kg lift limit and took 10 months to get a 20 kg lift limit. The surgery is a very painful one and make sure you have good meds. My first one I was sent home with only panadol ! And once that pain takes hold you won't get it back under control. This time they really drugged me up and had been a lot more comfortable well I'd say bearable. Good luck with it all and hopefully you can get back out on the tracks asap.

Deanfoldi.

Just make sure you have a good chat with the anethstitist before you get knocked out.... But just be carful if they give you OxyContin as you can't just stop taking it. You need to be wronged off. I'm in the process now and goin through wirhdrawels pretty much like a junky who can't get the fix they need... Not every one gets them but it is a chance. You shoulder may not take that long to recover depends what the issue is each if mine was rotator and torn cartledge. But I do know a fair few ppl who have had similar shoulder ops and its always been a long long recovery the shoulder is one of the worst joints to have an operation on. Are you goin in on your own or was it work cover if you don't mind me asking ? If u have any questions feel free to message me if you don't want to air it in here.

Dean.

Shit not cool mate. I hope you have income protection. Or atleast have a job in an office kinda roll and you should be back fairly quick I went back to light duties after the ski g came off for me was like 6 weeks. But was like 2 hrs a day one day a week and they kept building it up. And hopefully you have a good enough employer to try and help you out.

Dean.

Latest posts

Back