Gordy's build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah central locking is standard, no remote. Got my gear from jaycar and had it all in for about $70 and three hrs. Would have been quicker but kids keep interrupting. I wish my ute was as clean as yours.
How much work was involved in fitting the kit? I've only just bought my nav and I feel as though I've gone backwards haha no remote central locking, no cruise control, no sunroof, no leather etc...been spoilt for too long! Fitting remote central locking is pretty top on my priorities right now haha

How much work was involved in fitting the kit? I've only just bought my nav and I feel as though I've gone backwards haha no remote central locking, no cruise control, no sunroof, no leather etc...been spoilt for too long! Fitting remote central locking is pretty top on my priorities right now haha

like ben said a bit earlier, its fairly easy to install central locking and cheap aswell. think i paid $70 for a kit for my sons d22. its just time consuming. all the door trims have gotta come off. wiring is basic, just follow the instal guide

Its just a matter of bolting the mechanisms on each arm or whatever it is in the door and wiring it up to the front isn't it? ( I'm shocking with electrics, obviously I won't be doing it haha) I've had a little look around for the kits, I've heard mixed reports about brands. Was told to get the genuine Nissan one but can't justify paying $300+ for it, I also got told that with the cheaper ones the motor/mechanism burns out??

i wouldnt be paying $300 for one. basically what you said about mounting it, just screw it to the door, and connect the small rod from motor to door lock mechanism. then connect all the wires to the control module. if you want indicators to flash when you operate it, its a little bit more work.

That's not too bad then. The tricky part will probably be when I install an alarm. I was looking at a mongoose branded kit, do you know if they are any good?

theyve been around for a long time. use to be like the ducks nuts in alarms years ago. im sure theyd still be good today.

Its just a matter of bolting the mechanisms on each arm or whatever it is in the door and wiring it up to the front isn't it? ( I'm shocking with electrics, obviously I won't be doing it haha) I've had a little look around for the kits, I've heard mixed reports about brands. Was told to get the genuine Nissan one but can't justify paying $300+ for it, I also got told that with the cheaper ones the motor/mechanism burns out??

I hate to be that guy and I certainly don't mean it in a nasty way in any sense at all, buuuuut all this is in the d22 section under accessories I think. If you find it and post in it I will photograph and post exactly how I did mine as I have had no door trims on for a month so it is all visible. If you own a drill or have access to one it will take under two hrs to do. I can even photograph the boxes I got from jaycar. Don't mean to be a tool However if we do this in that thread then everyone who asks the question gets the benefit of the answers. And gordys build can stay totally off topic and not approach being helpful hahajajajajajahahahahah.

No type of insult or attitude meant for anyone. It's just that real info in my opinion should be able to be found. Ben

All good mate, no offense taken. I think Gordy and I are the queens of off topic. Still getting used to the forums. I have the Tapatalk app and access forums through that so still learning to navigate. Peace out

The LEDs look awesome! Where did you get those ones?

I just bought them off eBay haha. There's LEDs everywhere on there haha.

All good mate, no offense taken. I think Gordy and I are the queens of off topic. Still getting used to the forums. I have the Tapatalk app and access forums through that so still learning to navigate. Peace out

Hahaha we are totally the queens of off topic! Your convo made a good read for post work entertainment haha

I hate to be that guy and I certainly don't mean it in a nasty way in any sense at all, buuuuut all this is in the d22 section under accessories I think. If you find it and post in it I will photograph and post exactly how I did mine as I have had no door trims on for a month so it is all visible. If you own a drill or have access to one it will take under two hrs to do. I can even photograph the boxes I got from jaycar. Don't mean to be a tool However if we do this in that thread then everyone who asks the question gets the benefit of the answers. And gordys build can stay totally off topic and not approach being helpful hahajajajajajahahahahah.

No type of insult or attitude meant for anyone. It's just that real info in my opinion should be able to be found. Ben

Nice work on being that guy ben :p, totally killed my build thread :p hahahah I'm only kidding.
I'm pretty sucky at manoeuvring around this forum so don't mind the guys having their convo on my thread but do my best to find out how to find stuff in the appropriate places and I try my best not to go off topic too haha

Nice work on being that guy ben :p, totally killed my build thread :p hahahah I'm only kidding.
I'm pretty sucky at manoeuvring around this forum so don't mind the guys having their convo on my thread but do my best to find out how to find stuff in the appropriate places and I try my best not to go off topic too haha
No harm done! Besides I give you permission to spam mine when I finally get it going. Sorry again!
I just bought them off eBay haha. There's LEDs everywhere on there haha.

Hahaha we are totally the queens of off topic! Your convo made a good read for post work entertainment haha
I've bought some off there before for a different car but these are hectic bright! 👌

Hahaha don't be sorry!! All good :)

My LEDs off eBay were just specified for navaras, nothin spesh

Decided to post it here anyway. Hahaha ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411095211.810793.jpgremote door actuator screwed in here. Sorry deadener over one screw marked with pen
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411095265.093068.jpgremote unit mounted inside arm rest. I figured if it gets wet here it will get wet anywhere.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411095315.076456.jpgpower and ground connections. Purple with silver spots is constant 12 v and black is ground. One day I will solder and heat shrink these. Maybe. Well her d22 I hope that helps. It was a steal mate kit from jaycar and one of there master actuators. Piss simple job. Has worked fine for 18 months. It's not that hard to get wires through the rubber boot in to the door. I just didn't need to.

Latest posts

Back