• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group Buy Braided brake lines?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what is the reason behind braided lines (xcept for lifts,extended lines)
i understand it for performance reasons but seriously
these arent race cars guys
do you think they will improve braking?
excuse my ignorance but i cant see the reasoning behind it
fire away and educate me please(gently)

Yep, I was skeptical at first, but after I changed my FJ1200 road bike over to braided lines a couple of years ago, its worth it. Car or bike, the original rubber lines do go soft after a period of time, and you get a firm brake feel/action back after going to braided lines, thats the main benefit. :rock:

Eh, I know its a late reply, sorry. I haven't been near the Nav for a while apart from washing it, its become Mrs Rays daily driver. I've been putting a lot of time/money into my poor neglected FJ1200 bike that sits in the shed under a sheet. Have to get the Nav back on the tracks soon!

Hoo Roo

Last edited:
For all the guys waiting on the brake lines to arrive in the mail, i believe that they were
to be sent out this week so we should see them arriving through next week, BUT i am waiting on the "official word from Lindsay as to what exact day they were posted to give us a better idea of when they will arrive at our homes.
Cheers,
Nath.

Thanks for the update Nathan. :wavey:

Lindsay sent a PM through earlier tonight explaining that the work shop fell short on some of the fitting required to finish the orders, luckily a big shipment arrived on thursday and the brake lines were sent out thursday arvo and friday.

Recieved mine about lunchtime today. These are some seriously good quality units. Thanks for the group buy. Another item that needs to go in.

Rusty

Recieved mine about lunchtime today. These are some seriously good quality units. Thanks for the group buy. Another item that needs to go in.

Rusty

good stuff Rusty, throw up a pic if you can.

If anyone else is still keen for these lines im sure we could talk to Lindsay and see if we can extend the deal or start another.

Hopefully mine come tomoz, I have 2 E lockers and new brake pads waiting to go in this weekend. Build thread on E Lockers will be written up for both front and Rear diffs

Here are the bad boys. 3" extended braided lines from Deisel Tuner.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20130815_073922.jpg
    20130815_073922.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 60
mine arrived today, and they look the goods to!! quality fittings and braid.

Wont get a chance to install them until i get back from the snow in 10days,
but here they are.

Great quality piece of gear. Was super surprised when i unpacked the package.

A little hint for the guys who are ordering D22 sets still. I would onky get the front line lengthened by about 1" as they dont really need to be any longer then factory. As for the rear lengthen them to suit your lift.

Rusty

Mine arrived yesterday. Very nice bit of gear. Thanks DT for organising them and Nathan for coordinating the whole process. If there is anything left over in the kitty have a beer on me.

Got them this week.
Many thanks to Nathand22 for organise this for us
Many thanks to Dieseltuner for the special price
I'm sorry for who missed out it was a very good deal, extremely happy with the product and the transaction was very easy.
Cheers

Spewing I didn't get in on this . I got severely bogged today , came out of nowhere (quick sand) and needed to be pulled out by an excavator that nearly got bogged also . End result was a busted drivers side front brake line : ( not happy jan . Factory brake lines suck . Torn right off at the fitting .

Latest posts

Back