Handbrake light stays on! What is it?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40NAVY

Reaction score
Hey I got a D40 2005 Navara
Just today I noticed the handbrake light stays on even when driving and the handbrake is off..
I tried unpluggin the sensor, resetting the car disconnecting the battery but it's not turning off.
Is there bulbs in the back of the cluster I can just take out ? Or what could it be

The handbrake light is simply activated by a switch. The switch could be faulty.

It could also be a damaged wire or fault in the head unit - my Pioneer F910BT hooks in to the handbrake to make sure that the vehicle is stopped before allowing the main screen to display a video. Might be something in the wiring for that?

Oh okay.. Could be the switch are they hard to get too? I checked the fluid and it's full. Can you take the bold outta the cluster?

Head unit is a aftermarket one, and when I play videos it's wired so it's on all time.. I had a previous post on when I boot it the battery light and handbrake light appears. Since the handbrake light stays in this does not happen any thoughts?

If your head unit has been specifically wired so that it's on all the time, try this: unplug the head unit (it's a single plug) and release the handbrake (vehicle securely stopped of course). What happens to the light?

Latest posts

Back