How many of us have boats or like fishing?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you own a boat?

• Yes a tinny

Votes: 70 29.2%
  • yes a bigger one

Votes: 83 34.6%
  • no but I would like one

Votes: 63 26.3%
  • No way never again

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Dont need one for the fishing I do

Votes: 19 7.9%

• Total voters
Given up on Mallacoota now, prawns are too small, fish are too small and now days it is actually fishing and not catching.

Used to fish there a fair bit when i had my tinnie but haven't for about 10 years.
Did well on the bream,i would have thought the inlet would be fishing very well since kicking the pro's out.

I agree with the bad day fishing idea but I can have a bad day 40mins from home I don't need to go 5 hours from home.

Bream and Froggies used to be everywhere in the lake system there and we had some killer spots for both. The surf still doesn't fish too bad with some big salmon coming in but prawns died off about 3 years ago and never came back. Next summer it's time to try a new location for prawns and pinkies.

We've called them frogs for as long as I remember because when they bury themselves in the sand their head looks like a frogs head.

Yeah I've heard that term, although some of ones we used to hook at Mallacoota were way too big to be lizards. Although it still happens occasionally (or rarely) a few years ago at Mallacoota we used to got bag out on 60cm+ flatties everyday before lunch.

They have been catching some nice big ones in the last week up here .... No where near bagging out though. Apparently another Name for them is yanks, never heard it myself but must have something to do with the size of the mouth...ha ha... Just joking!

Yeah I've heard that term used but not as often as frogs and lizards.

In Vic we have a bag limit of 2 X 60cm+ flatties per person per day but I think it's something like 20 for flatties less than 60cm. We used to catch our 4 bigguns, a few smaller ones for the freezer then up pick and move onto the bream. But they were so easy to catch at Mallacoota it wasn't even an effort, just drop the plastic in the right spot and wind them in. It's just not like that these days.

Yeah that's a nice fish, Welshpool/Albert has had some great fishing over the years, between froggies and whiting we've had some great fishing trips.

Caught a pinkie and some flatties this morning at mornington,fishing from my kyak.
Good eating the pinkies i reckon.

Yeah, Lake Tyres used to be full of the little buggers, bag out every day for a month and you could nearly do it from the shore. Haven't seen them in those numbers for a lot of years though.

Will be a tough day tomorrow, I have got to help water test a new 8.5m boat. 350hp on the back of it, should be fun!

Got my little 7.4m beast from the USA :rock:

DSC_0002 mod.jpg

Latest posts

Back