Looking at a D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vh202

Reaction score
Guys,

Looking at buying my first 4x4 and this Navara has piqued my interest. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are regarding it?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/...=Stock&Range=Price:Min,15000~0.5&sort=default

I'm going to check it out this weekend, is there anything i should be looking out for? Does it seem about the right price?

Just looking to get a second vehicle and do some offroading with my mates.

Cheers
Vh

Hi Guys,

So I ended up buying the above vehicle. Have a list of desired mods as long as my arm but need some funds to do that hehe, this could turn into an expensive hobby. Anyway I have my first, very minor problem.

Im looking at getting some new tires and wanted to remove the spare to see what it was and found that there is no spare tire removal tool! I have the rod that goes in to the tire but no lever arm at the end of it. What would be the best way to get around this, if I had a welder id just weld some rod on the end but I dont :) The fitting is square roughly 8x8 I suppose, is this a common thing I could pick up for a few bucks or am I better of just buying some rod and somebody with a welder.

Cheers
Vh

Welcome to the forums vh, guess most people missed this thread. Congrats on the purchase I hope it serves you well.

Haven't got a D22 myself and unsure if they have the same spare wheel system as the D40 but I'm sure someone will see this thread eventually.

Mine didnt come with that little tool either.

i just borrowed one from someone elses ute and took the spare tyre out and just never put it back in.

Congrats on the buy of the ute. The tool that goes on the end of the rod is actually the wheel brace. It will have a square hole in the middle of it. Maybe just get one from a wreckers if someone has swapped yours for one without the square hole.

Welcome to the forum

Be easyer just to get the right tool as the tire winder is also the winder for the jack

Cheers guys, I'll try and find myself a wheel brace. Would have been a shock if I'd got a flat and found no way to remove my tires or get the spare out!

I just use a vise grips on the end of the rod to wind the wheel down. Works perfectly.

Nice buy mate. I'd be visiting a wreckers for that handle - plenty of wrecked D22's out there (I can't imagine that the handle would change between years).

Just make a tire winder.
Get some steel or alloy rod.
bend it into a shape that you can crank with one arm

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?um=...ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:69&tx=359&ty=245

Then drill a hole in the end, and find a 2 inch long bolt the next size up and bash it through the hole so it binds... or if you have a welder just weld it.
cut the head of the bolt AND WALLAH.
shove it under your seat!
note: just make sure its long enough so you can turn it without fouling out on the chassis.

Guess I'll check out some wreckers this weekend. What's your guys thoughts on the price? Is it ballpark. She runs really well.

Latest posts

Back